Exicted!

Congrats Carol!! And by all means post pictures! Don' feel ashamed one single bit. The nice thing about this forum is everyone is so encouraging as well as very helpful. There are beginners to professional here and we all love to see pictures of people's work and how much they advance over time. That is one of the things that inspires us. So join in and have some fun!!!

Originally posted by Carol Halstead

It'll be a while before any pics get posted of my quilted tops though. You guys are amazing and I would be ashamed to post my beginners.

Carol, Congratulations! I know how you feel! There are so many amazing pictures of quilts on this forum, that it is intimidating for us newbies (me included) to post pics. We need more photos of "not so perfect" quilting for encouragement! If you post yours, I'll post mine!! :D:D;) Deal??? :D

You guys and gals are so sweet. I know Connie will teach me everything I need to know to get started. Connie doesn't know how anal retentive I am yet. LOL But I will take good notes.

Okay Sharon. You have a deal! I do have a quilt top that I do not like (imagine that) I will use as practice for the first "real" run. I have a girlfriend that wants it but if turns out too bad I won't give it to her anyway. I'm a perfectionist and won't give anything to someone I don't like myself or have to hide under a couch cushion. We'll see how the stitching turns out. Who knows, might be a good gift for her. I'll post that one first after some PPP (patience) and PPP (practice). It may turn out to be the doggie quilt.

So, Lenni, is a girl? Is that what I am hearing?

Carol, I'll be watching for pictures from you! We probably all have tops hiding somewhere we don't like.... but to each her own... your girlfriend will probably love it! (And my doggie already has 5 muslin practice quilts! I think she likes her soft comfy pile of blanky's to sleep on!)

JoAnn you are to kind!!! I'm going to have to get back down you're way again. Probably not next year because all my funds are going towards MQX.

Carol, no problem I have lots of patience after being in charge of sailors for 27 years. Counting the hours until tomorrow. Lenni can be anything you want, a lot of the quilters give their machines "girl" names but there's nothing wrong with a male name. He/She is yours, just like a new baby.

Sharon, those muslin practice pieces can add up. After my Bunny (bull terrier) said "enough is enough with the practice quilts in my bed". I started to give them to the local animal shelters. They love, love them and usually send them home with the adopted animal:cool:

Connie, that's a great idea giving the practice quilts to the animal shelter. My husband and I are wildlife volunteers for the Va Beach SPCA. We take care of anything that quacks or honks..Mallard ducks mostly. We've gotten a few canadian geese though. I always thought if I had time I would make easy quilts with scrap fabric to donate to Hope Haven or other local charities. That would be really cool. Maybe something we could do together in the future if you're interested. Another reason why a local longarm guild would be great.

Now where is that shipping confirmation!!!! I can't wait any longer! I can tell it's going to be a very long Friday! :P

Archived