Help with Ideas

Consider: Invisible thread or background color (white?) crosshatch, feather wreath. There is no "ditch" but you could SID around the design and stipple.

Ask customer if she/he minds stitching over cross stitch. I like your ribbon in the outer frame. How about a bow in the corners and center?

post--13461902839778_thumb.jpg

I personally would never stitch through the cross hatching. I would echo around the main design shapes to make them pop and then do some kind of background fill if you need it. I would recommend matching the background fabric or using a clear thread. For the border I would just ride right next to the stitching already there. If you get very close it will really make that design pop. I think the design is very pretty and personally wouldn't want to clutter it up.

I agreed with Heidi. Was going to suggest outlining the cross stitch very closely and then McTavish or a small McFeather or small stipple. It looks beautiful! It would make it pop, like the hores do. Iwouldn't add other design elements, let the cross stitch show off, that's a lot of work!

I have done a number of these as well, and in each case the situation is different... some wanted only to follow the prepreinted dots...that was okay and in most cases a faster way to do the quilting....some wanted an all over pattern, and some wanted only a ditch style around the designs. But my personal thoughts are this...to do the ditch as its been mentioned, but then again look at the embroidery....I've had a couple that were so loosely embroided that if I didn't do an all over meander style pattern the first time someone snagged a thread the WHOLE design pulls...and it really makes a mess. Ask me how I know....I caught a thread with a jacket zipper and it took hours to fix the damage.:(:(

And really once they are washed and put on the bed...the ones with an all over are just as gorgeous as the ones that were followed by the dots or a custom....

This is one that was follow the dots...

<a  href=2988647200091819759S425x425Q85.jpg' alt=

Archived