quilt clamps

Somewhere, I saw clamps that go on your rollers so that you don't have to completely re-pin the quilt if you just want to pop it back on the machine to maybe quilt a missed square or add more quilting in an area. They are like bicycle clamps. Now I can't find the things anywhere or even figure out what they are called. Does anybody know where you can find them, and has anyone used them?

My husband bought a length of PVC pipe at Home depot, cut them into 6 inch lengths, cut about 1 inch out of each with a jig saw and now I have as many as I need for next to nothing. The nice thing is you can cut them as long or as skinny as you want or suits your needs. Total cost? Less than $5.00 and a 30 min job max.

post--13461902852831_thumb.jpg

You are right, it would be very expensive, that's why you have to option to buy ready made, or make them yourself with a handy hubby and a garage full of tools like I did. I just let people know that they can be made very inexpensively if you have the tools and a handy hubby, or have the tools and are handy yourself......

Originally posted by seakitten

Well, it would cost more than that if you had to buy the saw . . .

Archived