Christmas for Customers

This has been my first year in business as a longarm quilter. I don't know what to do about Christmas. Do you all just send cards to your customers? Do you give them some sort of coupon discount?

And...if you send cards, where do you get them? I've been looking online for a nice card that has a quilt on it and haven't found anything so far.

Here's a thought...

For thank you cards to the show's I've been in, I printed cards I made up on the computer with a picture of my quilt with it's ribbon on it... the back of the card has all my information, as well as the name of the quilt, the show it won and the date and ribbon (IE: 1st, 2nd pl).

Here's another idea... if you have some Christmas fabric, throw it on the machine (use cheap batting) and quilt it up - then cut it into card size pieces and use it for the front of your card... You could bind it or just use a decorative stitch to finish the edges as you attach it to the card stock... Make sure you print off what you want to say first, and also always put all your information on the back...

Dory...WMQ's in Reno use to have blank quilty note cards that you could use. Or you could print a photo of each customers quilts and place on a blank card with a nice note inside which could also have a dicount coupon tucked inside.

My really good customers I would give a nice fat quarter pack as a actual present.

Whatever you do they will really like it.

Originally posted by AbigailE

It isn't that expensive to have postcards made of the quilts you have done for a specific customer. Great for dashing off notes and it tells them how much you like their work.

Just another idea.

Not when you print them yourself....you can get nice postcard and note card paper at Office Depot or Staples and if you have a nice printer its way reasonable...and depending your software, as professional as any print shop.

Those are all really great ideas! I especially like the idea of printing a picture of their quilt on the outside of a card--that's perfect. I wonder how hard it would be to have my business cards made into a magnet? I have info on both sides, but the pertinent contact stuff is all on the front. Interesting!!

Mary Beth...my LQS isn't "L," so I don't get customers from them. If I did, taking them tea and cookies would be great.

Guess I better get on this or my Christmas Cards will be New Year's cards!!:D

Originally posted by DoryJM

I wonder how hard it would be to have my business cards made into a magnet? I have info on both sides, but the pertinent contact stuff is all on the front. D

You could get selfstick magnet stock and cut the magnets to the size you need...and print your information on two cards and stick to magnet side my side...or you can create a whole new card with important stuff on top and goodies below, and cut the cards to fit the magnets. Some of the Office Supply places have this or you can go to sign place and buy it by the sheets...not very expensive.

You are a WEALTH of information, Bonnie!! Terrific ideas--of course, some of this will have to wait for the next trip to Reno (soon, since the dogs think they need more dog food--go figure), but these are things I can get set up now!! Thanks!!!!

Things okay with you?

I print my own using the free Avery software and blanks from Office Depot/Office Max. They both carry the pre-cut magnet business cards thingys. What a clever idea, putting the cards on the truck/car for the taking. I'm a compulsive worrier so I would be afraid that they would mess up my paint taking the card but the idea is clever!

Archived