NQR just so sad

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh my dear friend. I am so terribly sorry to hear of your news. I cannot imagine what you are feeling. Please know that I join my prayers with your other sisters here and feel free to call any time. Just rest in Him as best you can and give yourself permission to grieve and even be mad.

Please wrap yourself in the love and prayers from your friends here. I am sure you will be burning the calendar this year with some ceremony. 2009 was not kind to you, yet we know the strength you have in you to overcome the pain and loss. Take care. Love you so much--Linda

Y'all are awesome. I honestly don't know what I would do without my quilty friends. I don't post much anymore, but I read the posts and love to see what you are doing. I am packed and ready to get on the plane at dawn in the morning. I am not looking forward to this nightmare, but there is always some good to come out of everything. I am going to see my daughter, whom I miss terribly, cousins I have not seen in years, all my nieces and nephews and we are going to watch the Oregon State/OSU civil war game to kind of kick back in the middle of everything. So, there is good in the midst of the sadness.

Linda, you are right. I wish I could take an eraser and delete 2009 altogether. I am hoping to be back in the beautiful Pacific NW by late spring. The good that came out of this year is my beautiful comfort quilt, my friends (you all ) and my belief that God has a plan!

Love you all...

Nancy

Nancy, I took your words to heart. I, too, have a sister who has estranged herself from the rest of the family and all my efforts to contact her have been ignored. But with your urging to reach out and let her know that I love her, I sent an another email and for the first time in years she responded. It was a short but positive reply and maybe the beginning of a reunion. Thanks and know that you are in my prayers for comfort and peace in this troubling time.

Nancy,

Please know that your sister did not want to cause you suffering. Her suffering must have been too much for her to handle. I hope you will eventually find peace with her choice.

Even it this time of great loss, you are very generous to offer such wise advice to your "APQS family". We need to be reminded how fragile life is and that we should never take it for granted.

Remember the good, forget the bad and your heart will heal.

I hope 2010 will be good to you and your family.

Lisa

Archived