Very quick quilt - pictures

My daughter asked me to make my 2 grandchildren another quilt. They "only" have one for their twin beds, and because they are little (amost 2 and almost 3 1/2), the quilts are frequently in the wash. She asked me to make them each a quilt out of fleece, because they love their nap/TV fleece throws I made them (and they use a second set in the car).

Anyway, I decided to combine her request for fleece with an idea I read about on another forum several years ago. So, I went to Target and bought a fleece twin bed blanket and a coordinating set of sheets, with a low thread count & washed it twice. I used the top sheet as my quilt top, used QD Puff batting and used the fleece blanket as the back. I put my grandson's name (Tim) in the top with raw edge applique and satin stitched around the letters. Then I just did a large meander on the whole quilt and just outlined the letters.

It took about 7-8 hours from applique to binding. Done! It is certainly not a "beautiful" quilt, but for a very quick, reasonably priced quilt, it is fine. Timmy will like it because it is light weight, but warm and cuddly, and it has balls on it. He's the younger one, but he's all boy!

post--13461903010678_thumb.jpg

What a fast idea for a quick quilt. It turned out great and I know your grandkids will love them. It's too late for me to make some this year, but I will try them in 2010. Thanks much for posting the pictures. It looks warm and cuddly. Merry Christmas to you and your family. Dar

Archived