We are so close...

If we only had next week off from work as well, it'd be perfect. We have worked non-stop on the interior finish stuff for the yurt since Sunday. The bathroom is totally enclosed (well, except for the door:o) and I've put two coats of verathane on the wood walls and ceiling. Now we're enclosing three areas between the wall studs for sconce lights and then Dennis has to build a bracing for between each stud. (There are 40 interior braces to build)

We picked out stain for the floor at Home Depot several months ago...a word to the wise: Don't ever let us pick out your stain color!!:( I wanted a light taupe, Dennis wanted darker, we comprised and ended up with what currently looks like baby poop brown. Its not attractive. The only upside of that is that we'll be moving stuff in, maybe even starting Monday night, and NOT staining the floor.

Pictures soon, I hope. My step-daughters and their boyfriends are coming next weekend for our Christmas; I'm so hoping my bed is out of the living room and my house is back to normal!

Dory!

How exciting! I'm waiting for the pictures too. You will be so happy in your own studio. And a bathroom too! Way to go girl!

I have a great studio but no bathroom! It's a short run to the house but I'm still hopeful that the bath wll be added this next year! LOL

We may finish up enough today to actually clean and then start moving some stuff in!! Of course, while cleaning the bath, I noticed that I had dribble verathane in our brand new porcelain sink!! Any suggestions for removing it??

And yep, I've taken tons of progress pictures...beginning with when we were first leveling the land.

We stopped last night at 8. We've removed the excess tools and pounds of sawdust, swept the floors and organized what's left. Last night before quitting, Dennis put in the little bar sink in my make-shift kitchen. Now I'm re-thinking and think I should have used that wall for batting storage; but then, how would I have my tea and coffee and snacks and not leave the yurt??

I got the verathane out of the sink with mineral spirits and lots and lots of elbow grease. I was so disappointed, but its beautiful now...

Archived