Midwest Quilters Day

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, what a day. We started out around 4 am, and we just got back home. I love these kind of days, I come home ready to take on the quilting world. Thank you Julie for having us over, you are the hostess with the mostest, and thank you to your husband, he even washed by dish for me!! That's a good man. (And I came home to roast beef, carrots, mashed potatoes, gravy and cabbage....oh and the fireplace. I ran in, hugged the granddog, changed into my jammies, and ate a yummy dinner. Ah!! Great quilting, great food....and I have talked enough that I have worn myself completely out :D

I got home about 7:30. No problems on the snowy roads. Julie, you have a great house and studio! Thanks again for hosting us. If you keep being nice like this we'll keep coming back!! (are you sure you want this?)

Anyway, it was nice to see the people behind all the pics and posts on this forum. You guys are great!

I JUST got home. Thank you LeAnn for letting me hitch a ride with you!! Jumped in hubby's car, headed for church..made it there with 15 minutes to spare! Went to the grocery store....(hubby and I call that "doin the nasty", cuz we both hate grocery shopping!)

Came home, made a quick dinner....and now, reading all the posts!

Jewels, you were a "GEM" as always! Such a fantastic hostess, and her quilting studio had room for all of us,...and even more!

Suzie, glad to meet you, Laura dear, so glad you made it safe, and that we got to meet and spend time with you. I really felt sorry for you today, you looked so tired. Glad you safe and tuck'd in, in Des Moines!

Now, to hear if Debbi, Julia & Renae made it home safe.

MB..thanks for demo-ing the Circle Lord. You have me leaning towards a CL...and not becoming a ZOID. LOL! I think if I could of seen a "true..old fashioned baptist fan", using that other attachment thingie...you could of sold me one on the spot!

I'll post pics as soon as my phone charges back up. All my pics are on there. HUGZ to you ALL!!

Debbi, thanks again for showing us IQ.

Hey all!!

I just got home about 9:15. I had gone to the grocery store on base before I left...then to get the dog food, then on the road and just as I got out of Lincoln everything slowed to a crawl! I got off the interstate and went on Hwy 6. Much faster and no idiots or semi's on the road! Can't get my gas cap off but still made it home!

I had such a blast today and getting to meet MB, Kerri, Laura and Suzie! What a wonderful day after a good night's sleep at Julie's B&B, and really good food! Thanks again Julie!

MB I can't beleive you would ever run out of things to say! Everyone was great and all had alot to contribute. I need to practice some more with the CL then go for it on a quilt!

Before I got my Baptist Fan Giant Template, I did a couple with the BF Blade. It's really great because you can do double or triple line fans if you want. You can leave a blank space at the bottom and put a flower in it if you want. Hmmmm, I've gotten lazy with the large template, I'll have to get out the blade and play again.

The problem I had with using the blade is I couldn't make sense out of it at first. Michael even sent pictures with the CL when I bought it. My problem???? You turn the whole unit around on the table. (backwards). DUH!!!! Give it a try.

I have always been a little intimidated by that blade :o Why? I don't know. So far everything I have used has been "easy peasy" as Shana would say....I need to use it while I have some practice fabric on the machine.

Coleen, If you've got the templates. I can always come your way for a play day :) I could even bring some of my friends with me.

And Irene, I'm always up for Paducah!!

I had a most fantastic day with all you wonderful quilters!!! Thanks so much to Julie and her husband for hosting. All the food was wonderful--not a calorie in any of it!http://apqs.com/quiltboard/images/smilies/smile.gif

I so appreciate all the wonderful sharing and tips and Mary Beth's demonstration.

I got home about 8:30pm. last night. after I dropped Mary Beth off, then the roads got a lot dicier and I followed tracks for the most part because couldn't determine where the lanes were. Passed by some wrecks. Was so glad to pull into my own driveway, hot soup and a glass of wine was waiting. Thanks again to all of you for a most wonderful day! http://apqs.com/quiltboard/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

Archived