Michael....

Sheri Butler

There are circle lord classes (that was mentioned in a previous post) right now on mqresource.com

The previous classes I have taken on this site are top notch and although I do not currently have a CL I read the description of the classes and was sure they would be very informative.

Linda Esenbock

Yikes...you may need to meet the UPS man down the street....that looks like a lot of snow!

Yes, she does have CL fever....and it's taking over her life!! ;):D

The other forum, teaching the CL classes is MQR - Machine Quilters Resource - you can google it. You do need to pay for the classes and the teacher - Deb Leavy is actually the real CL Queen! She does beautiful work. I am a couple of days behind on watching the video, but you have a while to watch the videos. It has started out kind of slow for me, but I have the Zig-Zag and have used it many times, but I am sure it will be more advanced on these next few days....and I will be on the edge of my seat! ;)

Yes, Linda! It is on the MQResource Forum. It runs through December this year! This is the first week, and I'm pretty sure you can still sign up for classes. I am a Premier member (about$28./yr) so I got a discount on the classes. $136. for all 11 classes!! WOOHOO!! The only problem is now I am adding to my CL wish list!! Did I say that was a problem?? hahaha You know, Michael has the "easy payment plan", and I will be paid off this month! So, time to buy MORE!!!

Kim, your drive way is very pretty in the snow! And I'm sure w/o it too!!!

I'm taking the CL classes over on MQResources to Kim! I just got my Circle Lord (used) and today I loaded a big muslin quilt sandwich to practice on.

I don't have the Wave template boards, but I have watched the videos--several times so I don't miss anything the first time, and to absorb it all! Deb Levy is a great teacher.

My used CL also came with the Aztec, Gingko, Cross hatch and Double Spiral Template.

I do wish the CL classes did not take a whole year! :) I'm learning so much with just this months class. I can hardly wait for next month's class, and I really don't want the year to go by fast---but, I love seeing Deb's first class. I can only imagine what the rest will be like. :)

I signed up for the classes too.

BUT the videos don't play smoothly for me. They stop and start continuously.

We are on wireless internet so I'm not sure if I've made a mistake $$ or not.

I would love to watch the videos while trying out my templates.

Any advice? Frustrated.

I can't wait till next month I am taking just 6 of the classes and next month is on the basic CL, I hope to learn lots of new tricks on that one. Does anyone know if they send emails when the video's for the class start or however they do it?

thanks I am anxious to learn lots of new things too and I know some new templates will be on my wish list as well.

Don't be afraid...remember the payment plan ;)

Bonnie, any way to connect to the internet?? I dont' get that wireless thing...I alway thought there has to be a lead somewhere.

Kim, Yeah!! You have the CL in you hands....get ready to have some real fun quilting now!! :)

I knew that driveway was going to be trouble!! :D

I agree, I wish the classes didn't take a year....but I'm thinking this will give us time between videos to really play with the template shown and we will fell very comfortable with it by the time the next template comes up in the class. If we practice after each video we should have some dang good quilts!!! I'm so excited to see what you all do with your CL....well, and me too. I can't wait to get at it!!

Originally posted by IBQLTN2

I can't wait till next month I am taking just 6 of the classes and next month is on the basic CL, I hope to learn lots of new tricks on that one. Does anyone know if they send emails when the video's for the class start or however they do it?

thanks I am anxious to learn lots of new things too and I know some new templates will be on my wish list as well.

Bonnie, What I find works for is to click the play button , then click on it again to pause the video. It will still carryon loading. If you can wait till it is fully loaded, you should find it plays better.

I signed up for the classes too.

BUT the videos don't play smoothly for me. They stop and start continuously.

We are on wireless internet so I'm not sure if I've made a mistake $$ or not.

I would love to watch the videos while trying out my templates.

Any advice? Frustrated.

What some people have to do is to hi t the play button the push the pause button to let it load then watch it at a later time. I have to do that everyonce in a while.Stuart

Hi Stuart,

I don't think I have said this, but welcome to the APQS chat!

Have you signed up for the entire year of classes?

I think, what would be a great idea, is to have the video. That way you can watch a little, pause it and rewatch it, then try out the template as taught...then put your own spin on it. Take the time to just practice, play and have fun. That's just my opinion. Even if you have paid for the classes, the video would be of great benefit.

Also, if there is not a disclaimer on the MQR site, or a warning that lets you know that - if you have wireless internet or dial-up or satillite, then the class video may be of poor quality. That's just what I think.

Archived