looking for fire fabric

Are you looking for fabric that has flames printed on it or fabric that is flame red / orange to make your own flames? Some of my fabric sold to a lady on the west coast for dragon flames, i think i may still have a little of it. If that's what you want you are welcome to it. I will look for it if you tell me to.

Hey Shannon:

I know that you were looking for fire fabric (sounds like you found some) but I have some crazy fabric in my stash that is black ants on a white background and the ants are about 3 inches long! I have a lot of it (figuring to use it as the back of a picnic quilt) and would be happy to send you some if you think you'd like to work it into your quilt. Just post here or email me, Nancy in Tucson

Originally posted by Mrs.A

Hey Shannon:

I know that you were looking for fire fabric (sounds like you found some) but I have some crazy fabric in my stash that is black ants on a white background and the ants are about 3 inches long! I have a lot of it (figuring to use it as the back of a picnic quilt) and would be happy to send you some if you think you'd like to work it into your quilt. Just post here or email me, Nancy in Tucson

thanks nancy i appreciate it! i'm appliquing ants on a vine on a quilt and thought i'd give it the smirk favor by making the ants outta flame fabric to convey the abundance of fire ants in the state....

heidi- i H.A.T.E. fire ants too. the worst is to run over a mound with the mower and not know it, then the next time around you step in the wrath of the colony and get "eit slap up":D

Originally posted by doodlebug

Originally posted by hmerrill

Did you know you can kill them with grits?

yup, but gasoline and a match is more gratifing... :P and why would i waste prefectly good grits on stupid ants? :P

We had fire ants in NV.....and I am so on the gas and match concept of radication. Shannon can have my grits.:P:P:P

I also am a grits kinda girl. Here's something fabulous for your company and keeps you out of the kitchen for so long so you can enjoy your guests.

Grits - not instant :D:D

A tad of butter

Lots of black pepper

A stalk of green onions

Cook until ready to eat but lose and not dry

Hot patty sausage - crumbled and fried

Cheddar cheese - grated

Layer in a baking pan and cover –Refrigerate overnight

Next morning pop it in the oven until cheese melts. I make egg custard and refrigerate and serve with homemade bread. Everything can be made before your company arrives so all you have to do is sip coffee with your guests until ready to eat. I always get rave reviews and it looks like you did not so much! :D:D:D

Archived