Finally - All my show quilts are DONE!

Hi everybody,

Due to show quilt overload I have been suffering chatroom withdrawal for the past few months. But those quilts are all done and out of the door - and finally I'm back, can breath and look forward to my quilt show/teaching/business (read: wellness) trip to Salt Lake City and Overland Park in May!

Should any of you MQX attendees happen to stumble across my quilt Licorice & Lace would you please take a picture of it for me, pretty please? I love to see my quilts hang in shows... I wish I could come to MQX as well. Maybe next year...

It's hard to believe but exactly four weeks from today I'll be teaching at HQMS!

I'm getting all excited about my trip and cannot wait to meet many of you at either HQMS or MQS!

I'm back!

Birgit

Sharon, Heidi & Lisa,

Thank you so much for offering to find my quilt and to take a picture. I very much appreciate this.

In fact, my garment Chocolate Orange Cocktail will be in the show, too, and in the fashion show as well...

Heidi, I'm seriously looking into attending MQX in 2011...

Kristina, I'm looking forward to getting together with you again at HQMS. Hopefully we'll be able to spend a bit more time together than last year...

I'm counting the days...

Birgit

I just love it to wake up in my German morning to all those comments on my post left while I was sleeping...

Libby - I have no idea how the fashion show at MQX is organized and if models are assigned garments ahead of time. Just go ahead and check out Chocolate Orange Cocktail. It's an orange cocktail dress with the dark brown short jacket and the creme colored clutch. It's a size 8-10. I'd love to see a forum friend model it! You may want to check with Kathie Beltz, the MQX fashion show coordinator...

Shana - You've seen this outfit. It's the one that debuted at MQS last year... I don't have a garment for this year's show cycle, though...

Sheri & Linnea Marie - Of course I have lots of pictures of my current show quilts. But I'm a bit hesitant to share any of them before their quilt show debut.

Will you be coming to MQS? Licorice & Lace will be shipped to Overland Park directly from MQX. This one will be in the Tools of the Trade category. Then I'll have a Theme quilt at MQS and one in Innovative Custom... Can't wait to see you gals there...

Annic - He have to figure out a way to connect during HQMS. I'm sure there will be some more from this forum. Can't wait to meet you. It's so much fun to be able to put faces to names.

Cheryl & Bobbi - I'll make sure to post pictures of any of my quilts as soon as they are "Out there".

Thank you so much everybody,

Birgit

Birgit, so glad you can take a deep breath of relief at having all those quilts done..

I can't go to any of the big shows this year, not many small ones either.. so I can't take picts.. Heidi M is torturing everyone with not showing hers, so I can understand your reluctance..

I could use a bit of education here. I know MQS, MQX but I don't recognize HQMS at all. What do the initials stand for, and where is it, and when is it???

Thanks for help,

RitaR

Rita,

HQMS stands for Home Machine Quilting Show. HQMS is on the week before MQS and will be held in Salt Lake City, UT.

For traveling it's great that the dates of these two shows are so close, however due to the closeness of the dates, I cannot have the same quilts in both of these shows...

I'd love to meet you one of these year. I really would love to attend MQX next year...

Take care,

Birgit

Archived