IQ on the sweet little Lenni

AHuffman

Here are some shots of IQ installed on a Lenni! Note the special Edgerider wheels made specificall for the IQ/Lenni conversion carriage. That additional equipment really enhances how the machine feels in manual mode. Horizontal wheels on a Lenni! How cool is that? :) Keep in mind that these wheels aren't the regular Edgeriders. These wheels can only be used with this special carriage. I understand the regular Edgerider wheel solution for Lenni hasn't hit the market just yet. (I'm sure when they do, your Edgerider dealer will have all the info on that. I'm just yakking here about the IQ/Lenni conversion carriage)

That black box on the bottom left is the IQ motor housing.

post--13461903922723_thumb.jpg

Here's another shot of the Lenni carriage modification for the IQ. The photo is a little confusing but what you are looking at is the Lenni mounted on the track right next to the IQ carriage so you can see the difference between the original carriage setup and the IQ carriage. The carriage combines special vertical Edgeriders on the carriage and horizontal wheels on the machine. The smooth ride is WONDERFUL!

post--13461903922901_thumb.jpg

Originally posted by KathG

WOW this looks fantastic, I cannot afford the IQ , might need a Lottery win for that, but the carriage and edgerider wheels I think I might be very interested.

Is this something we could retro fit ourselves ?

Thanks for posting the photos.

Absolutely! You can easily do this yourself. There are color instructions lots of photos and, of course, a human on the phone if you run into issues. :) Really all you are doing is removing the original wheels and swapping out the carriage. Hey, then you'd be ready to pop the IQ on when you win the lottery! :cool:

You take the wheels off the Lenni and place the head on the IQ carriage. The Lenni's axles then attach it to the carriage right above those special horizontal Edgerider wheels. You can see that in the very last photo. The original wheels are off and the axles go through the holes in the carriage you can see in the very first photo.

Here's another photo of the carriage from the back where you can see the encoder for the stitch regulator for the X axis is riding along the frame.

post--13461903924225_thumb.jpg

Angela, thank you for the extra picture and the explanation. sure does look good.

Can you explain how the SR sensor for the rails goes on the IQ carraige .

Does having the horizontal wheels on the Lenni with the edgerider wheels on the rails give you more control of the sewing head. I love my Lenni , but I do find that sometimes I can be quilting away quite happily and it decides it going one way when I want it to go the other.

If this new set up, will give me more control, I will definately be very interested.

Sorry for all the questions:)

Originally posted by CrazyAboutQuilting

Wow, Angela, that looks great! Where would a person go if they just wanted to purchase the carriage and edgerider wheels?

The special Edgerider wheels only come with the IQ/Lenni carriage as the machine wheels would now be horizontal and ride in that channel you see in the carriage.

The pricing and delivery dates of the IQ/Lenni conversion carriage are still being worked out but if you are interested just give me a ring or drop me an email. My contact info is in my signature or send me a U2U! :)

Angela, thank you for the extra picture and the explanation. sure does look good.

Can you explain how the SR sensor for the rails goes on the IQ carraige .

That last photo shows the SR encoder wheel for the rails riding along the frame. I'll mark up a photo and hopefully that will make it clearer.

post--1346190392465_thumb.jpg

Thank you again Angela, great information. One last question, well actually 2 :) Do you know if the Circle lord stylus will still fit the Lenni ok. It does look like it should not be a problem.

If I decide to buy this will you be able to ship to the UK ?

If this makes Lenni easier to handle I wouldn't be able to control her. Mine is as smooth as glass. I saved this as a favorite in case that ever changes. So you are saying that now the IQ can be added to the Lenni is these wheels and carriage is added first?????? How exciting. I hope as things are changed and added to "upgrade" other machines they do not continue to leave Lenni out. I absolutely love my Lenni and the way she works for me. No tension problems, no movement problems, she is just as you say, sweet!!!:D:D:D

Originally posted by JustSewSimple

If this makes Lenni easier to handle I wouldn't be able to control her. Mine is as smooth as glass. I saved this as a favorite in case that ever changes. So you are saying that now the IQ can be added to the Lenni is these wheels and carriage is added first?????? How exciting. I hope as things are changed and added to "upgrade" other machines they do not continue to leave Lenni out. I absolutely love my Lenni and the way she works for me. No tension problems, no movement problems, she is just as you say, sweet!!!:D:D:D

Yep, all IQ installs on Lenni's get this carriage and the special Edgeriders that were made just for the IQ/Lenni installations. If you are looking for regular Edgeriders for the Lenni, I don't think those have hit the market just yet. I'm sure that once they do, though, your Edgerider dealer will be right on top of it and ready to help. The wheels you see in the photo can only be used with the special carriage.

I'm so glad you love your Lenni. It is a great machine!

Kath, this set -up was designed for the IQ and Lenni. The special carriage with horizontal wheels was necessary to keep Lenni from tipping from the weight of the IQ.

I just got word that the standard wheels for Lenni are still in beta testing, they are on the third round now to perfect them. As with any new product, they don't want it out in the market place before it is ready. So, if you are not planning to go with an IQ, the standard wheels will be coming.

Thank you Angela and Patty for your information. I will be watching for any further information. Seems we have been waiting forever for the edgerider wheels on the Lenni. You say the testing is now in phase three, I wonder how many phases it will take. :P

Thanks for the update.

Hi Angela

This is so exciting for Lenni owners!

Like so many, I've been waiting for a long time for some edgeriders.

This new carriage seems to be an even better option.

Do you know if the Hartley base expander will fit with the new carriage?

The sides extend a long way down the side of the Lenni and I'm wondering if the new carriage rails are higher. It's hard to tell from the pictures.

Regards,

Judy Smith

Patty Thanks for the info.

Judy....... I agree this does look exciting, I keep coming back and looking at the photos. It is not just the edgerider wheels, that interest me, The carriage just appears to look more stable than the one we have now.

I wrote in another thread about a friend of my DD tipping the back wheels of my Lenni off the carriage. This morning while sewing I actually tipped up the back wheels slightly too.

This setup looks like it would prevent this happening at all.

Originally posted by judysmith

Angela/Patty

Ooops - just looked at the very first picture and looks like there would be no problem with the Hartley base.

Do you have any idea when it will be released - some time this year?

Regards,

Judy

I think your Harley extended base would work just fine on it.

I'm so glad so many of you are excited about this IQ/Lenni Conversion Carriage. Once Zoltan comes up for air from MQX, we should have a better idea about the time frame for release. I would imagine it wouldn't be too long of a wait. (It is exciting, isn't it?) ;)

Kath

I have to agree, this new carriage looks a lot stronger than the original carriage.

My first carriage warped from the weight of the machine and the Hartley base! Though it looks from the second picture that the Lenni carriage has now been reinforced - good improvement.

Judy

Judy

Thanks for pointing that out, I would never have noticed.

I wonder if that is something that has been retro fitted, or APQS have changed the carriage.

Maybe Angela will give us a answer..

Okay, you guys lost me. The IQ/Lenni Conversion Carriage isn't made by APQS. It was made by Intelliquilter to allow IQ to mount onto Lenni. I'm not sure that answered the question though. Hmmmm.... maybe my little brain has had enough for the day. :) Ask the question in a different way and perhaps my synapses will fire normally. :D

Archived