Fun Stuff - Sue Spargo Inspired Bag

A couple of weeks ago Rita and I took a class from Sue Spargo - the gal who does such beautiful folk art quilts and other pieces...

We learned the blocks from Sue's new book "Magnolia"... it's delightful!

Rita did the center block which was the house, and I did the flower block.... I just finished making mine into a bag...

Here's my results! Maybe Rita will post too! Huh? Rita?

post--13461903975242_thumb.jpg

Linnea, thanks - I sent you one back... so sad all, we lost a good friend over the weekend, he was only 63.

Libby, you are too funny! do you KNOW how many hours that took? But it was really fun to do!

Denice came with us to the spring tea on Saturday and she bought the book on embroidery stitches that I really needed! Should have borrowed it!

Check out Sue's stuff at www.SueSpargo.com her blog is great too as she left the next day for Spain and France! How kool is that!

Hi Bobbi! I just checked out her blog and site!! REALLY NEAT!! She is going to be in Tipp City, which is just about 45 min. from me! Just not sure about the info on it though. Do you have to go to all of the retreat or can you just do the option for the pin cusion. I can't do the whole weekend, but the Thursday option sounds fun!

Linda,

Our class was just a one day class... we learned the basics, and some kool stitches and finished on our own...

I should say that I used boiled wool for the purse and some of the flowers, Sue had some hand dyed silk velvet and some other neat embellishments... I had some beads, some Kaffe Fasset fabric, etc. Our LQS Anna Louisa's sells bits of wool by the pound... you can get many different colors to use for only pennies... It was so fun!

I definitely recommend it!

that damn Bobbi -she actually finishes projects! I haven't added much to my house...will have to wait a little while to get to it...but...we did make Sue Spargo's blog...my block is the house (blues w/polkadots and red rickrack around the windows)

Archived