It's Happy Dance Time!!!

SKQuilts

If you llisten you can hear me dancing!!! My Intelliquilter has been installed!!! I will never be the same! Jim and Shirley Higginbotham were here and did a superior job! They know thier stuff and made me feel so comfortable. I have lots to read and experience but the weather has turned stormy so I am off the machine for a while. It's probably a blessing because I just realized I have been in my studio for hours and someone may think I should cook!

Thanks, I so appreciate all the help I have received on this forum. I would be lost but because of the generous nature of quilters I have learned so much. I am on cloud nine tonight and relieved too because I feel the investment was a good decision. My shoulders may be on thier way out (but I hope not) and I will still be able to quilt. Now I have to find recipes that are designed for absent cooks!

Sheridan, congrats!!!! Shirley and Jim installed my IQ also, they are the sweetest people. You are about to have a great time, the IQ is easy to use. Shopping for patterns can get overwhelming because there's so many!!! I'm sure you've probably joined the IQ Yahoo group, they are somewhat like this forum, great people, great advice. However, site stays technical no personal stuff. I don't know where you are in NC but we have a VA-NC group that meets every quarter, next meeting should be August/Sept time frame. Congrats again!!!

I'm looking into the plunge of IQ but still unsure. I never thought I would ever want computerized because I love running my machine but life is gets hectic and when that happens having the computer working the machine would be great. From what I see it is really easy to go back to manual.

Have any of you lost customers because they wanted someone to do the quilt not a computer?

Congrats.

Just this month I had that same feeling. You are going to really love this system. I should never have taken so long to get one myself.

Enjoy. Be sure and share you accomplishmenst with your IQ. The possiblities are endless. Really...

Originally posted by lizziesgirl

I'm looking into the plunge of IQ but still unsure. I never thought I would ever want computerized because I love running my machine but life is gets hectic and when that happens having the computer working the machine would be great. From what I see it is really easy to go back to manual.

Have any of you lost customers because they wanted someone to do the quilt not a computer?

Hi, Sheryl!

I had to pop in here with my experience regarding customers and their opinions on computerized quilting. My customers don't even ask. 90 percent of them hire me so they don't have to even think about the quilting. They just want it done and the details are of no interest to them. Ask yourself how many of your customers have strong opinions about the type/brand of thread you use. That small percentage is probably the same percentage as those who'd have an opinion about computerized quilting. Most panto customers just want it done and leave the details up to the quilter.

Of course, YMMV but I've yet to have a client request that a computer assisted system not be used on their top. Perhaps that is the key- refer to it as computer assisted because it still takes a human to get 'er done. :)

HTH!

-Angela

• 3 weeks later...

Archived