SID with M&M wheels

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would be really nice if one of the APQS staff, could give us some idea if the new M & M wheels will ever be available for the Lenni.

and if they are not , can you tell us why. It seems a little unfair, that we are left out, as APQS must have felt the older black wheels needed to be updated, so they should really make them available for all there machines.

Sorry for the rant, but if you can make them for the Millenium's without the Bliss system, I am sure you can make them for our Lenni's

It would be really nice if one of the APQS staff, could give us some idea if the new M & M wheels will ever be available for the Lenni.

and if they are not , can you tell us why. It seems a little unfair, that we are left out, as APQS must have felt the older black wheels needed to be updated, so they should really make them available for all there machines.

Sorry for the rant, but if you can make them for the Millenium's without the Bliss system, I am sure you can make them for our Lenni's

Mark can you answer this question we are all wanting to find out about: why or when can the M& M wheels be adapted for use on the Lenni table I realize that they do not run the same direction, but still can't the same guts be adapted for a wheel to replace our old type wheels? After seeing Matt's video of how the M&M wheels spun I gave my wheel a spin and Wow, it went for all of about a second or two. Even the edgerider wheels are not available for Lenni unless we change out the carriage.

Mark can you answer this question we are all wanting to find out about: why or when can the M& M wheels be adapted for use on the Lenni table I realize that they do not run the same direction, but still can't the same guts be adapted for a wheel to replace our old type wheels? After seeing Matt's video of how the M&M wheels spun I gave my wheel a spin and Wow, it went for all of about a second or two. Even the edgerider wheels are not available for Lenni unless we change out the carriage.

Originally posted by Myrna Ficken

I was just informed that APQS is on back-order for M&M wheels for up to 6 weeks. :(:(:(:( I am sorry to hear this. Your orders will be filled as soon as they are in again.

Well my Millie is out of commission right now while we remodel our house. But I know the first thing I am ordering when I get her going again!!!

Just for grins, I tried spinning the wheels on the carriage...they went about three revolutions and just stopped! That could be the cause of a lot of the issues I had been having with control of the machine.

Originally posted by Myrna Ficken

I was just informed that APQS is on back-order for M&M wheels for up to 6 weeks. :(:(:(:( I am sorry to hear this. Your orders will be filled as soon as they are in again.

Well my Millie is out of commission right now while we remodel our house. But I know the first thing I am ordering when I get her going again!!!

Just for grins, I tried spinning the wheels on the carriage...they went about three revolutions and just stopped! That could be the cause of a lot of the issues I had been having with control of the machine.

I have had no problem doing stitch in the ditch, such as Myrna demonstrated, with Edgeriders. My Freedom also tracks pretty good diagonally with the ER's. I know the M&M wheels are physically thicker but the size of the groove has to be the same as the ER's. The ball bearings can be replaced if they fail, but is this something that happens very often and what is the cost to fix them?. The black material the M&M's are made of looks and feels like the same type of material the ER's are made of.

I have had no problem doing stitch in the ditch, such as Myrna demonstrated, with Edgeriders. My Freedom also tracks pretty good diagonally with the ER's. I know the M&M wheels are physically thicker but the size of the groove has to be the same as the ER's. The ball bearings can be replaced if they fail, but is this something that happens very often and what is the cost to fix them?. The black material the M&M's are made of looks and feels like the same type of material the ER's are made of.

I just took a look at the Edgerider site, and you know what, I don't think the M&M's really are any thicker than the ER's. ER's are already about 1/4 inch higher than the original APQS wheels, which appears to be about the same height as the M&M's. That additional thickness is just in a different place on the two wheels -- they are shaped a little differently.

I just took a look at the Edgerider site, and you know what, I don't think the M&M's really are any thicker than the ER's. ER's are already about 1/4 inch higher than the original APQS wheels, which appears to be about the same height as the M&M's. That additional thickness is just in a different place on the two wheels -- they are shaped a little differently.

I just spoke to Mike our Engineer about the M&M wheels on Lenni. The reason they will not work is the fact that they are a thicker profile than the existing wheels. This means they will not fit onto the carriage to run on the rail properly. Mike said that these wheels were designed specifically for the Bliss track system and the larger heavier machines. Obviously they will work on the horizontal track systems that are already out there. I hope that makes sense and answers your questions. Again, If you are happy with the way your machine moves or if it isn't broke don't fix it is what I always say!! :)

Take care,

I just spoke to Mike our Engineer about the M&M wheels on Lenni. The reason they will not work is the fact that they are a thicker profile than the existing wheels. This means they will not fit onto the carriage to run on the rail properly. Mike said that these wheels were designed specifically for the Bliss track system and the larger heavier machines. Obviously they will work on the horizontal track systems that are already out there. I hope that makes sense and answers your questions. Again, If you are happy with the way your machine moves or if it isn't broke don't fix it is what I always say!! :)

Take care,

Mark

If we were all happy with the way our Lenni wheels work I don't think we would be asking about the M&M wheels or even about the Edgerider wheels, can't a different wheel be developed that would be smoother on the Lenni, maybe it is just me as I have the od brown wheels on my 2007 and I have gotten used to it but would not say I have control over the movement as much as I would like.

Mark

If we were all happy with the way our Lenni wheels work I don't think we would be asking about the M&M wheels or even about the Edgerider wheels, can't a different wheel be developed that would be smoother on the Lenni, maybe it is just me as I have the od brown wheels on my 2007 and I have gotten used to it but would not say I have control over the movement as much as I would like.

Hi Jeanne,

Not sure about another wheel in the works. I do understand your concern but I was talking to the poeple that also say that they like the way their machine moves and aren't sure about the Bliss or the M&M wheels. That's where i say if it ain' broke don't fix it!!

Hi Jeanne,

Not sure about another wheel in the works. I do understand your concern but I was talking to the poeple that also say that they like the way their machine moves and aren't sure about the Bliss or the M&M wheels. That's where i say if it ain' broke don't fix it!!

Thank you for clearing that up, Mark, I just wanted APQS to be aware that there is a desire for different wheels for the Lenni as many people have expressed, we do appreciate all the hard work you all do to keep improving the APQS machines and that includes the Lenni. thanks for answering and hearing our wishes and concerns.

Thank you for clearing that up, Mark, I just wanted APQS to be aware that there is a desire for different wheels for the Lenni as many people have expressed, we do appreciate all the hard work you all do to keep improving the APQS machines and that includes the Lenni. thanks for answering and hearing our wishes and concerns.

Archived