LONE STAR QUILT

Thanks everyone...............the pattern came from the October 2008 issue of American Patchwork & Quilting. It took me until winter of 2009/2010 to work up the courage to tackle it. :D We had so many blizzards and so much snow last winter, that I decided it was a good time to get it out since I was snowbound anyway. It is a LOT of piecing and I had to put it away for a while and then brought it back out earlier this spring. The name of the pattern is "Reach for the Stars". I liked the design with the corners and edges and not just open space. I won't be making another one ! I have satisfied my urge for a Lone Star - but good! :P

Thanks everyone...............the pattern came from the October 2008 issue of American Patchwork & Quilting. It took me until winter of 2009/2010 to work up the courage to tackle it. :D We had so many blizzards and so much snow last winter, that I decided it was a good time to get it out since I was snowbound anyway. It is a LOT of piecing and I had to put it away for a while and then brought it back out earlier this spring. The name of the pattern is "Reach for the Stars". I liked the design with the corners and edges and not just open space. I won't be making another one ! I have satisfied my urge for a Lone Star - but good! :P

WOW!

You are fearless girl!

It is really very beautiful, I don't have the patience for king quilts, I satisfied my inner Lone Star craving doing a 40 X40.

It really is stunning, no wonder there are so many die hard quilters in the mid west you guys can't get out of the house in the winter! ;)

WOW!

You are fearless girl!

It is really very beautiful, I don't have the patience for king quilts, I satisfied my inner Lone Star craving doing a 40 X40.

It really is stunning, no wonder there are so many die hard quilters in the mid west you guys can't get out of the house in the winter! ;)

Thanks again everyone. Our daughter (jokingly) e-mailed and said she and SIL would like one just like it and would I make another one? I wrote back in the biggest font I have..............NO! She thought she was pretty funny. Maybe I will leave it to her someday - if she behaves herself. :P

Thanks again everyone. Our daughter (jokingly) e-mailed and said she and SIL would like one just like it and would I make another one? I wrote back in the biggest font I have..............NO! She thought she was pretty funny. Maybe I will leave it to her someday - if she behaves herself. :P

Archived