Need help with quilting

"Help Please"

This is a table topper, and has 8 points with a sunflower in the center. It is 48 inches from point to point.

She said to do anything I want.

I'm at a total loss.

Her fabric is rather busy, but her backing is light so she can reverse it.

Thanks Barbara

post--13461904579833_thumb.jpg

I have no idea what its called Sylvia. I'll have to ask her.

Heidi, the strips are only 1 inch wide. The sunflower is about 4 inches.

This lady does beautiful work on her DSM, but she had no idea what to do with this one either. I'll ask her about the ribbon candy.

Thanks for the ideas, Barbara

Barbara,

If she doesn't like the ribbon candy then try another little fill. Bubbles work well too. By quilting every other one that will make the design pop a little more. If she wants something really different you could always just do radiating arcs from the sun flower or even echo the leaves. Just a few different ideas. Good luck.

The pattern that I have that looks like the topper is called "Crazy Eight Strip Teaser" Table Topper by "the 3/4 Crazies". Mine is a 2006 copy. Uses 1 1/2" strips. Here is info printed on pattern:

Jae's Attic

PO Box 3574

Lake Havasu City, AZ 86405

928-453-4040

www.sewwhat-quilting.com

Jeanette@sewwhat-quilting.com

It is called Strata Star on Ruthann Eckersley website - for $8 you can download the pdf file and make it today! Looks super fun! I'm going to try one! Under "patterns by mail" she has photos of bed quilts with this as the medallion in the center, I don't know if she has a pattern or the instructions to do that?! Thanks for the info everyone.

http://ruthsquilting.com/patterns-by-download/

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Linda S

I'd do an all-over on it to give it some more movement. Something like waterworld or bubbles. I think it has all the straight lines it needs, but that's just me.

Linda

Archived