State Fair Ribbons

Hi all. I just got back from a preview of the quilts at the state fair. I had a total of 5 quilts entered and 4 of them received ribbons!!

I entered 2 quilts that I pieced and quilted. One of them got an Honorable Mention ribbon and the other one got a first place ribbon.

I also had 3 quilts in the group category that were pieced by another quilter and quilted by me. One of these quilts got a second place ribbon and another one got a fourth place ribbon.

I still can't believe that I won some ribbons at the state fair. I wish I had some pictures to share with all of you. Maybe early next week...

Debbi

I also went to the preview night at Iowa State Fair. I entered 3 quilts never expecting a ribbon. The church quilt that I mentioned in another subject here (under Hello) won a second place ribbon. I was thrilled, especially since it was totally mine from start to finish and my very first quilt on Hope (my Discovery). I wanted to give God all the glory - and He gave me a ribbon. I think He wanted to keep me humble, so made it a 2nd place. This fair is just the best for showing off all the quilting talent in Iowa. I marveled at every quilt - don't think a smile left my face all night! Congratulations to all the talented Iowa quilters. Barb, I would like to meet you some time, we are so close. Do you ever go to the monthly meeting of Heartland Longarmers at APQS showroom? I just started going and love it - such a support group.

Yes, Patty, it's the same Sharon. Wow, this is great to hear from you again. I'm planning on taking Dawn's second class soon before I get too frustrated on my own. She is an awesome instructor. So how's your quilting business going. Sometimes I feel mine is going too fast and I'm not ready for it all....but I just do my very best and keep on trucking!;)

Sharon and Debbi, Congratulations on your ribbons. It just makes all of us so happy and thrilled for you. I haven't been to a fair in about 20 years but now I want to go to the Oregon State Fair this year just so I can oh and aw at the quilts and picture mine there next year.

and how doubly awesome that you are aquainted.

Anyone know of a long armers group near Gresham, oregon

Hi Sharon,

Yes, you will love Dawns 2nd class! Just don't wait too long like I did. I should have gone about 6 months earlier. I would have been much more comfortable with freehand sooner had I gone earlier.

Business is going well, thanks. I am having so much fun.

Myrna will be coming here for 6 days of classes at the end of Sept. I am so excited about that.

Post some pictures of your ribbon winner when you get a chance.

Patty.

Way to go ladies! I wish it was a closer drive - 4 hours one way - I love the

showroom and yes - that Dawn C. is one of the best! Such a talented lady!

I would love to be able to meet Myrna in person too - you lucky people!

Congratulations on the ribbons - that feels so good doesn't it? I just found

out that the one from our little county fair, that won "Best overall" is now

headed to our state fair - oow - so much fun! Please show us photos when

you can!

Archived