NQR say alittle prayer please UPDATED SHE TOLD HIM

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheri, you and your family are such an inspiration to all of us!!! Thank you for sharing this with us. You are an amazing family and you have much to be proud of! Sending ((((((hugs))))))) and prayers for all of you. God has certainly blessed your family in some very special ways......... Please let us know how this turns out.

All I know to say is WOW. I just read all the posts that were added after my update. I am completely humbled. Your support helped me over the initial hump so I could help guide him. All of you are awesome. Thank you.

PS

He called laughing today and wondered how I managed to make his new shoes look just a little bit worn before I gave them to him. Told him I ran around the gravel driveway 3 times :P

My thoughts and prayers are with you. You will ALWAYS be his grandmother. He will always remember that you were always there for him and his mom. Your daughter did a super job, they both of them are beautiful.

I am in a similar situation. My oldest grandson (16 yrs old) has never seen his father, we brought him up the first 7 years of his life. But it never bothered us that his father never even saw him, at least we did not have to worry about any custody battles, week-end visits, or maybe even abduction. And when he needs something, he always calls me. I am the only grandmother that he knows.

It is amazing what God has in our plans and life.

Wow Cheri, what an amazing young man. Thanks for sharing this info. I know it wasn't easy for you but it looks like he was able to deal with the news better than you thought. He was obviously raised by a very wise and loving Mom and Grandmother. You should be very proud of him as I know you are.

You were wise to explain to your grandson that his other grandparents might be interested in him.

It is possible that your grandsons' father told his family that your daughter didn't want anything to do with him and his two children! Doubtful, but you never know.

In the end, your grandson will make up his own mind about whether to have a relationship with his bio-dad's family or not. With your support, he will be secure in his decision.

My older two kids call their step-father "Dad". Their bio-dad did pay child support, but he never paid them any ATTENTION. I never said anything bad about him to them. They reached their own conclusions about him.

Your grandson will do the same.

Originally posted by cblevins

I am completely humbled. Your support helped me over the initial hump so I could help guide him. All of you are awesome. Thank you. PS - He called laughing today and wondered how I managed to make his new shoes look just a little bit worn before I gave them to him. Told him I ran around the gravel driveway 3 times :P

Oh MY!!!! I just read all of this and the tears are flowing.....

YES - You and your family make me want to be a better person too!!!

My prayers will be with you and yours, what a wonderful daughter you raised - Way to go!!!! Is she a quilter too?...;)

Not that she would have the time - but could she get any better!! Tell her from me that she is a Wonderful Mom - Love Hugs and prayers!!!!

His response to see the family on neutral ground shows that he is very mature and understands the history of the situation. The "clothes" story is brilliant!

if Dear Son does decide to see the family, he needs to establish the ground rules, so that he doesn't get way-laid by Bio-dad also showing up unexpectedly. He may even want to role-play a bit about 'What are you going to say...?' with you, because you are so good with him, he seems to be comfortable talking to you about it, where he may not be so comfortable with this subject with mom. He may be afraid that his decision would disrespect her, and he'd never want to do that.

kind of chiming in late here... but, (imnsho*) mom's pride does not alleviate dad's responsibility. Child support is not about her, it IS about what the boy should have gotten from his father. It's operating soley on the child's behalf.

I don't believe that deadbeat dads should be let off the hook...THEY were involved in the creation of that child, and his responsibility did not end just because he went to play house with someone else. Just because Bio-dad ignores his responsibility does not make it disappear. If they don't want to deal with Bio now, they can file a lien against his estate. It all goes through the State, so they will often collect back child support from tax refunds, etc.. Even if mom wants nothing from bio-dad, if nothing else, the back child support should be held in trust for college, or even a car or a house down payment for him in the future.

Dear Son will likely do better, give better treatment to his father, because he was raised well. DS is a better person. That's ok, returning good for evil, is never a bad thing.

(*In my not so humble opinion...because I was/am the kid in a similar situation. Yes, we turned out just fine, we survived, and we are stronger/better for it, BUT, things may have been just a little bit easier at times with just a little help from Bio! and, we're talking groceries, not luxuries!)

s

Archived