Mexican Star

I quilted one of these for a customer a while ago, she really loves it. This is her second and now I guess her friends at work,( Where she has the first hanging), are all making them and want this pattern for their star wall hangings. Her second is a gift I think. She likes this as it makes the design flow with the quilting and pops the inner designs to give it dimension.

Seems popular so I thought I'd share. Just a note. Baste the entire outer edge, run the lines through the pattern first,(diagonals), work in and out from each of those -fudging the spacing to make it fit. Throw in a motif to fill the triangles that are left and a center motif to tack down the unfilled patterns and viola, presto chango, its did! ( I like making the boo boo lights go on on the spell checker! LOL

You may notice the extra fabric sewn around the backing, Jane- who is also making one of these Stars now!, and I started doing this to some of our customers who always like to skrimp on the extra needed for the machine quilting. We just started putting muslin on the sides/ top/bottom to make it work and charging 10 bucks or so. Well now they have figured how to skrimp on the expensive backing fabric and do it themselves. I guess we won???LOL Again!

Have a great day!!!--------Grasshopper

DCP_1464web.jpg

DCP_1467web.jpg

Hey Grasshopper, the quilting on that quilt is gorgeous! I think I have a Sew Batik kit for that pattern somewhere...guess I should dig it out!

My husband has an employee he calls "The Grasshopper". That's because the employee always calls him "Master". I thought you'd like that story. :D

Archived