Peaches LA group (southeastern)

so, now that my life is settling down some, i want to revisit the whole 'starting a LA group' (similar to the northwestern Moxies)

since winter weather was our enemy the last try- how bout the end of march, first of april...

my house- i live in marietta,GA just north of metro Atlanta. if you get a road map of GA; find atlanta and follow I75 north til it splits with I575- that's where i am.

i think a saturday meeting would work. start around noon til whenever. we'll have food (bring something to share..there's a grocery store just over the hill) and show and tell, quilts and what not.

there are tons of hotels around that you could stay at (search marietta and kennesaw)...if you want to stay overnight or come early- i would be willing to do a shop hop! (all but one shop is open on sunday)

i'll have Nemo (millie) in his sunday best for playing...(maybe a small class could be organized!)

this is open to those with a machine or without, APQS or not- if your shopping around, you are welcome too...i'm sure there will be plenty of good opinions to go around :)

barney and lucky said they look forward to the extra sets of pets

have your people email my people, we'll do lunch :P

Dear Shannon: I'm one of the closest to you, if I'm in town, (have elderly mom in CA with issues)) I'd love to come and help set up etc. Could be available to pick people up if needed, help with navigation , etc. My real problem is that I won't know my schedule till a little later in the year. I'm excited, hope the weather is somewhat spring, (Spring in Atlanta many times only lasts a few days!!):P:P Pat, Alpharetta, GA

why don't we do it St Patrick's day weekend...Saturday March 19th...that way people will have plenty of time between this and MQX

Pat, your help would be welcomed and appreciated. she's right-spring and fall can last only a couple of days. last year fall was 3 days long: the leaves changed colors for two days then it rained- no more leaves.

see y'all then- email me for any info....i'll send out an email reminder when it gets closer.

oh, i can't wait- this will be so much fun....

sylvia and sandra bring as many quilters as you like....the more the merrier! the $59 ticket will be worth it! we'll rent a van if we need it!

So now Shannon, is that date set in stone?

Sandra, woohoo, how fun is it to ride with friends!!! I rode from Jackson MS to Jefferson City MO and it was a blast! We took our own food cause it is expensive live at the movies. Otherwise we just rocked along and enjoyed! We will nail this down as soon as everything is set in stone.

And remember Shannon, we get snow in March every other year or so!

Archived