NQR Eagles concert or AARP convention

Hubby and I went to an Eagles concert last night. My first thought was that the crowd resembled an AARP convention. How dang old are these guys anyway? They were absolutely awesome!! I could not believe how great they sounded. I left feeling like I was 25 again!! It was a tame crowd compared to the ones in the 70s. Next on my list...Rod Stewart.

Reading the birthdays in the newspaper makes me realize that even if I am not aging :P all my heroes are!! The Boomers somehow made time stand still--we are such a self-absorbed group! We raised forty years of kids and grandkids on Oldies music--my son knows the words to every 60s and 70s song and loves the Eagles and the Beatles.

Guest Linda S

They're pretty old! I have their first demo album, that came out while I was a freshman in college. I typed index cards for the campus radio station (no computers back then) and the guys gave me that as my pay because they thought the band stunk. I loved it! Turned out they were wrong!! (Forgot to say that was 1972 -- ancient history!)

Over the past few years I've been to see James Taylor and BB King - yep - crowd does look like an AARP convention! :D

What a coincidence. I was just at a girl's getaway this weekend, and someone brought the "Eagles Farewell I Tour Live From Melbourne". We actually watched their concert BOTH nights we were there - we loved it that much! Never got around to any of the games or other videos we brought. LOVED it and ordered myself a copy as soon as I got home last night. It sounded like everyone else was going to be doing the same! We're also an AARP crowd, but we sure felt young. A couple of us just found out last week we're being "downsized" from our jobs, so we really liked the Eagles song, "I'm Already Gone". Since we're being let go by seniority, I guess I'll get to sing it to my friend first since I joined the company after she did... Woohoohoo! Love those Eagles - my favorites for years!

Archived