I'm back to the post

Hey, I haven't been around for awhile but hopefully I can get back to posting and reading. Yes, I haven't even come to the forum to read anything so I hope all is well with everyone hear. I will catch up on the reading tonight. Life's been too crazy to even go into. But I miss the forum so here I am. I even added a page to my blog!!! Only my second post since I created it in August. How pathetic is that?

I am pleased to let you all know (which I'm sure no one will remember anyway)

In February, I gave up diet Coke. That was really, really hard but the side effects of aspartame really made it a no brainer. Well, I started eating better, and better....only whole foods. Nothing packaged or ready made and frozen. I have gotten rid of 44lbs!! To say I have 'lost' implies that I am looking for it and I'm not!!!! LOL I started working out (aerobics and weights) a month or so ago so now my goal is to get really nice definition in the muscles. Many many time in the last couple of months, I have wanted to dive into New York cheescakes or eat a whole pizza but I have managed to stick to my guns.

I don't really have a clue why I'm unloading to you all. Avoidance therapy I suppose. My whole basement is a mess and I really don't want to have to clean it, but it is also my studio and I can't work in total chaos.

When I get some pics resized I will post some of what I have been doing.

Happy Hallowe'en everyone!

Tracey

Tracey, Congratulations on the newer venture.. it's never hard to give up something we like, and it's even harder to eat properly, and proper porportions. Be proud of it, and stick to it.. I'm proud of you also, and excited for you.. Keep going.

Thanks for letting us know.. I'm glad you did.

Good for you!! Hurray!! That's a lo to loose....er, um...get rid of!!

I'm on a mission too, since I was at a Halloween party last night and saw a drop dead gorgeous woman who was close to my age! I might not ever be gorgeous, but I know my bod can be better. I'm on the treadmill, also doing the stairs. up down up down up.........Just one step tho. don't wanna fall down the whole flight!

Tracey, do you mind sharing with us how you were able to live through the withdrawal side effects of stopping diet drinks? I have tried and the result was flu like symptoms that almost sent me to the hospital. The headache alone was almost more than I could bare. I drink diet drinks from sun up to sun down. I say I am addicted to the fizz. I can't drink tea as I have kidney stones so....... Water is good but very thin! TeeHee!

Originally posted by JustSewSimple

Tracey, do you mind sharing with us how you were able to live through the withdrawal side effects of stopping diet drinks? I have tried and the result was flu like symptoms that almost sent me to the hospital. The headache alone was almost more than I could bare. I drink diet drinks from sun up to sun down. I say I am addicted to the fizz. I can't drink tea as I have kidney stones so....... Water is good but very thin! TeeHee!

Me too Sylvia, far too many cans of diet coke to ever admit to. Gotta go cold turkey again some day very soon !!!

Originally posted by JustSewSimple

Sylvia, I just stopped. It was really hard. The first 2 weeks were the worst. I actually had withdrawl. I know it wasn't the caffeine because I was still drinking lots of tea. I've never drank coffee. After a while I just kind of got used to it. I still miss 'the fizz' though.

Tracey

Sylvia,

I have the same problem. I'm addicted to Diet Coke, BIG TIME! Many years ago, I gave up regular Coke for a diet, but the withdrawal was so bad that after a week I finally called my doctor and asked if I should still be having headaches. His response was, "for heavens sake, go get yourself a coke!". I did change to diet, but I haven't tried giving it up since. :)

Archived