BLIZZARD

Well...what do you know...????

Just heard the forcast for the week.....Suzan, I don't mind if this next storm comes straight on over to France and misses the UK you can have it...lol...I only just got my drive cleared of ICE and snow from the last deluge...I can now take my own car into town to work instead of having my DH drive me in his 4X4.....

Forcast for Wednesday/Thursday....Snow and Freezing temperatures again.....hope that we can get a deisel delivery for the tractors to feed animals and a kerosene delivery for the Aga and heating before then, (its been ordered for three weeks now).....oil companies are backed up and believe that it will be after Christmas before they catch up on deliveries, we have around 2 weeks of fuel for heating left and have already borrowed deisel from good neighbours...We never get winter storms this early...well that last one was still November....no one was prepared for it!!!!!!

I don't mind if you guys don't want to share....You can keep this storm over there.....but I think it's headed over here!!!!!

Prayers to everyone!! The TV has been showing all the snow and ice. How about the Twins "Dome". Thank God they weren't playing. We got a lot of rain the las two days, however, the temp was above freezing in fact it was 60 yesterday. This morning it was in the 30s, the bouncing temps are playing "--ll" with my lungs. I hope this isn't a preview of whats to come this winter season, but my dog has grown a very thick coat lately and the woolys had a dark thick apperance, ugh!!!:o

The temp is really cold, -11, windchill is -25. Because of all the snow we received over the weekend, they have canceled school in Minneapolis and St. Paul. This never happens, unless the Governor closes all the schools in the state because of weather. The city crews will have to remove the snow in order to open all the streets. Our oldest daughter is a teacher in St. Paul, she moved back this summer from teaching in Phoenix. Wonder if she is regretting that right about now? Plus on the news this morning, they think school will be canceled again tomorrow.

We are all the way up to 10º ! Started out in the negative numbers this morning early. The wind finally stopped blowing and there is no more snow falling. Just very cold. Terrible fire in town last night............5 families displaced from an apartment building. What a night to have a fire. :( No time is good, but in sub zero temps, it is even worse. At least no one was hurt. It was early in the evening so they weren't caught asleep in their beds. Might have been casualties then.

It's about zero here with 40mph winds; so you can't see 10 feet in front of yourself! Over 600 schools were closed in our area, and thankfully; they finally canceled the guild meeting for tonight!

DH and I went to rescue a friend stuck in a ditch. She left for work, got the the end of her development and decided to turn around. Then could not see the road and went off into the ditch. We got her out, got home around noon. It's now almost 4pm and my feet are still feeling it. I was wet from mid-thigh to my toes!! :o Of course, mid-thigh for me is ankle deep for most of you!!! :P:P:P:P

Supposed to last til 8pm Wednesday night!! YIKES!! I'm staying in to sew and quilt!! :P Goodie! :P:P

Archived