Design help needed - Finished with Pictures

Originally posted by Beachside Quilter

Ok, ladies, all of these ideas sound good. Heidi, I am supplying the batting, so what would you suggest? I have all kinds (just about!) Would like to get this done quickly as I have to start on the King "Trail Mix" in a couple days. Thanks for all of your help!!

Wool or dream puff will show your quilting the most. Hobbs Heirloom is a third option to show quilting but it isn't my fav.

Quilting is finished, tomorrow I will apply the binding and mail back to the customer. I used a combination of all of your ideas. Thanks, everyone! Heidi thank you for suggesting 1/2 layer of wool. I used it along with a light Legacy poly. The triangles were wonky and that helped with the fullness. Dell, thank you for the "hog fence" idea for the center; it turned out really cute!!

post--13461905185756_thumb.jpg

Thanks, Gail, Marlene & Kim! Linnea, it was Dell's idea to make double straight lines off the corners of the brown squares. When I saw what she drew it looked like "hog fence" to me. Maybe there is another way to describe it, but I am a farm girl and to me it is hog fence, LOL! Thanks, it was fun to do. I SID all the borders to help stabilize the wonky triangles. She is a new quilter and this is a Christmas present for her boss.

post--13461905186406_thumb.jpg

Vickie, I'm late here been making candy. Need to add the chocolate layer and coconut to the one I just pored and make the last batch sometime before Chrisitmas. All has been mailed out!

WOW you did it girl. That hog fence is perfect and I like those leaves as well!!!! Yippy!!!

I went back to look again and you did the outside corner blocks. I ao like the terry twist too!!! Way to go!!!!

Archived