Learning from each other -- Critiquing my work

Absolutely beautiful job!

What a shame that the family didn't want this - I can maybe understand odds and ends and fabric pieces - but to give away this! Too sad!

I wonder if they will regret their decisions once they see the finished product! Good luck in the raffle - wish I was closer!

The quilt is beautiful. Your choice of how to quilt it was "right-on."

Don't second guess your choices, there is always someone else who will second guess for you.

I believe this family wished to share this lady's beautiful work with others, what an unselfish act on their part.:P I would love to see the quilts they kept, I can only imagine their beauty.

I've seen the quilt top before Georgene quilted it. The top is beautiful, lot's of detail. You should see the carnations (ok they look like carnations) I have no idea how she made them.

Georgene your quilting is super great. I know we discussed using rays in the center but I really love your stipple, it makes the applique stand out. Let me know whey your selling tickets!!! You guys should sell them at the Mid-Atlantic quilt show next month!!!

Yes, Connie, we talked about radiating rays, and I wanted to do that. I think it would have looked great.

BUT, when I thought about marking, I backed off, in case the lines would remain. I didn't want to take responsibility for washing this beautiful quilt and risking some of the fabrics fading or bleeding. So I went with something I didn't have to mark.

Archived