playing again

Oma, the cotton and wool will give it the loft it needs, especially if it is a wall hanging. It is the first time I have tried this, but I like it. The experts could tell you more. I am not a poly. person, always quilted with cotton, and cotton or wool I will die with!!!(haven't tried the bamboo, but have not heard great things about it)

OK so Suzan, in which area of France do you live? I met a quilter named Martine several years ago that lived in the Ardeche region. She lives on a small farm with Arabian horses. I can only imagine the lovely scenes and I see pictures on the Internet and it looks very beautiful! I must go to Ardeche some day to visit Martine and to meet Suzan as well! :)

Shana, I am in the south near Montpellier, well just on the Med. sea, If you google earth on Palavas les Flots, you will see we are like on an island. Ardeche is not far from here, about an hour. If we have a nice sunset I will post a picture from my sewing window.

Anytime you want to come the house is open. Company is always welcome.

Suzan, thanks for the info. I haven't used poly for many years, usually use cotton. I've tried the bamboo...I like it and had no problems that I can remember. I have not tried wool. I think I will now. I have to get over the mental block of the old wool blankets and how much they made me itch. Your quilt is very pretty. I would love to see a picture of your sunset.

Susan

Lucky you to live there. I've always wanted to visit along that coast! I've spent time further east along the coast and driven into Italy. Many years ago - before my daughter was born, my husband used to have to attend an international tax conference in Cannes in late October/early November & I used to go along to keep him company (not!) Since my friend's husband also attended the conference she and I had great fun exploring all those hill towns & villages, visiting from Grasse to Monaco & beyond. Wish I had been quilting then. I would have known to collect some of that gorgeous provencal fabric.

Shana, Bunny - how about a Road trip! Hmm, maybe just a little bit more than just a road trip - but wouldn't it be great!

Annie, I will be going home to VT in April, I will stop by I am not far, Essex Jct. Where are you in Stowe? I know there is a quilt shop on the Main drag, it is on the corner on the Mountain Road. Always go to the shops, and sometimes down to Ben and Jerry's. There used to be one in Jeffersonville, and one up on the road to Madonna, but not sure if they are still there. I will also take a ride to Clifton Parks, hope to see someone over there also!!!My aunt lives over there so a great time to see her

Archived