Another "Sharon" kit

So, today I opened another box of Sharon's quilt kits. Sharon was my very dear quilting friend who passed away and left me stash.

There were boxes of quilt kits that she had put together. In this box there were 15 kits. Each kit includes the pattern and all the fabrics needed for that pattern including the backing fabric.

On the top was this kit and the magazine, "Sew Many Quilts" by Fons and Porter May-June 1998 issue. The quilt pattern name is, "Tulip Garden" and is 80x80.

orig_mag14_600.jpg

Hope to start it by the end of the week. :)

Thank you gals, you brought a tear to my eyes. You are all so right, Sharon would be so excited to have the quilts done. It's funny, each kit is in a large zip lock bag, she must have ordered them they are HUGE! Anyway, when I open the bags I can smell her perfume.

I will keep you posted with photos.

PENNY

What do you do with the quilts once they are finished are they designated for members of her family as well, or is there no directions as to what she had planned for them? Either way it is a double blessing, you get to make the quilts and have a comfort of helping your friend and you get lots of practice and beautiful quilts for whomever. Congrats. What a well organized friend too, we should all think about having our stash and ufo's so organized that someone may be able to pick up and continue on with our work.

Originally posted by IBQLTN2

PENNY

What do you do with the quilts once they are finished are they designated for members of her family as well, or is there no directions as to what she had planned for them?

Sharon had no directions as what to do with the finished quilts. The first few I finished I made sure her children each recived one and I made a king size for her husband.

One I donated to our local hospice in her name for a fund raiser. I also made 50 pillow cases for our local hospice using her stash.

So, what ever I finish now her husband told me to make sure it gets a good home :)

Guest Linda S

Oooo - that will be pretty. I've instructed my brother that if I pass, my friends are to come get my fabric. My sisters will probably beat them all to it, though.

Archived