Rulers.....

I have a favorite little straight ruler that I use most of the time and have noticed today that it is so scratched that I can hardly see through it as I am spacing my lines...(I am sewing with black thread on black fabric)..

anyone have any ideas how to remove some of the scratches other than buying a new ruler???

will sanding with the jewelers grade of super fine sand paper, cant think of the name of it.. nor can him..

Check first to make sure the markings for the numbers aren't on the side you will need to sand.. Likely sand them off, if they are. Other than that.. you had the solution... LOL

I hate it when things like this happens. At one time we had an aluminum yardstick that we all loved,,, as said it was covered with marks and we were getting confused trying to figure out our marks... ended up taking it to the utility tub with a soft cleaning rag and got a bit of hand soap. In talking with the kids during that time, I wiped it well, turned to dry it off and couldn't find the marked side... easily wiped away... still wish we had one like it.

Archived