Quilting Classes

We belong to the ECA, what we use to call the AG Extension..

During the year we are to keep track of our hours spent donating our time and sometime knowledge, contacts with non ECA members, miles and time driven to and from all functions of the Quilt Guild and ECA, etc that we go to.

This year I was the only one in the guild to turn in the info, towards winning a scholarship to a Symposium, a quilt and art seminar, for 3 days.

I got the scholarship, and will be going to the Symposium the first weekend in June. It provides all housing, meals and a lecture or two and classes by various well known quilters and teachers. I was SOOO lucky to get my application in on time and secure a place in Sharon Schaumbers classes, 3 hours one afternoon and 3 hours the next morning. I'm taking other classes, but this is the one that grabs me the most.

I hope I can learn whatever she teaches us, well enough to bring home to the guild and make a 20-30 min. presentation to the gals in the guild.

Sounds like a blast to me. "The only possible problem would be wet weather as I can't take my Go-Go mobility cart into any water/rain that is enough to spatter up under the machine. Still can't walk far enough to go from the dorm to the classrooms and dining facilities. Maybe I can curl up and roll back and forth? ;)

Wish Ya All could go with me. What a blast that would be!!

Rita

Congratulations on getting a scholarship to the NC Quilt Symposium. I went one year and had a great time. I actually had been asked to go this year as well, but the Memorial Day weekend just before I am at a retreat and thought the Hubby would not be too thrilled with me leaving a holiday weekend and the following weekend as well.

Now that I know you are going I wish that I had signed up for that one instead.

Two of my good friends will be going to it though. I will tell them to look for you!! Have a great time. And Congratulations!!

YEAH Rita, Do you want me to come down and play your personal attendant, you know drive you around, feed you, wipe your nose in class (so I get to learn to). LOL. Hey at least I didn't say wipe something else. ROFLMAO.

The sun is shining here and I'm feeling good, that is my excuse. LOL

Michele

Guest Linda S

Yeah! Good for you. You will learn so much from Sharon. Not only on the topic of the classes, but she talks as she goes and you learn the handiest tidbits. I've never been sorry I took classes from her.

Congratulations! I will be at Symposium too, but am jealous that you actually get to take classes. My guild is hosting this year and I am working in the judging rooms. I will also have my Millie there once the show opens.

I hope you have a great time. Stop by and say hi, if you get the chance.

I wish all of you could be joining me, us, at the symposium. I could hardly believe no one else signed up, as usually there are 4 or 5 who do apply.

Jeanne, sure wish it had worked out. MrM, you Nut! I think I'd knock ya out the door, or knock on your door and say Hi, (Boy!! Can that lady yell ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !) And I was totally innocent.. would love to have you. ROFLMHO, she only drove me because I said she'd have to show me what all the buttons are for. Guess I can't learn... and it would have been fun to drive others.. as she did..

I will post picts, and give a brief report. I do get going, in talking, don't I???

Thanks to all of you.. I very definately was lucky, and am looking forward to it, and will long remember it, and I pray, learn lots and lots..

Will try to look you up, Angela... and Jeanne, show the gals my avatar, then I know they'll remember me.. lolol...

Archived