Hi, this is my first posting

I have a Millenium and have been longarm quilting for 2 years - I love it! My first Ultimate 1 was wonderful, but this new one is fabulous.

I recently purchased Darlene Epp's longarm supplies so life is getting a little hectic. Daughter is a great help, loves quilting.

Looking forward to "meeting" new friends in the quilting world.

Hello,

Welcome to the group:) My daughter is a great help when I need to rip a row:) but sadly:(she is off at college and now I rip by myself. One good thing is she is only 45 minutes away and likes to come home on weekends.

Congrats on your Millie...

Cheryl Mathre

Stone Creek Quilting

Sandy Hook, VA

Hi Quilted Cat,

I have received my Millennium just a week ago, have never been quilting with a long arm machine, just with regular sewing machines, and boy does this is another way of quilting! I have done my first doodle - a very large one - for trying out patterns and stitches and thread, and I found out that the freehand part of the quilting suits me just fine, but the pantograph part is more difficult that I thought it would be - trying to stay on course, even with the laser light, when the machine goes left and right. Have any of you had beginners trouble with making pantograph patterns too?

I have mounted up my first patchwork quilt, and have not decided what to do with it yet. It has large blocks of patchwork with baskets and apples, so I could do an overall pattern - have tried one out I really like - or could quilt by the block. Thinking thinking, and time goes by... I must have decided by tonight, because then I will go quilting..

Sylvia Kaptein

Sylka-Mode

www.sylkamode.com

Welcome to the site Quilted Cat. I am fairly new here myself and read way more than I post. I have only had my longarm since the end of Feb and learn new stuff every time I use it.

The quilters here are just wonderful and always have answers to evey question. I find this is a great place to come and just read posts and soak it all in.

Welcome Quilted Cat: I hope you enjoy this group as much as I do. I've had my Discovery since March so I'm new too. I look forward every single day to reading this site. I have learned much from everyone. I was not as brave as you to put a quilt on right away. I actually did "3" practice pieces (plain muslin) before I attempted to put on a quilt. It took me 2 hours to get the first quilt loaded. I've now done 14 customer quilts but I'm by far still learning, learning. I still have days of "why did I do this?" but was forewarned that these feelings would come....so be prepared. Last night I put on a pretty plain quilt of my own and experimenting with lots of free-hand. Darlene Epps books are a "must" to have and I also just purchased Suzanne Earley's book "Meandering Magic" and it is fantastic. Also want to take another class soon as I feel that's so important to skill development. One can buy lots of books, but they don't work if you don't PPP or take a class. The very, very best of luck with your new machine - enjoy!::D

Goodmorning all. This morning is a start on a buggy barn star quilt. It is so gorgeous - all those warm fall colors. King Tut is going to be busy.

Has anyone had any luck with size 3. needle and King Tut thread? I love the neelde stitch with SoFine but have not tried King Tut in it. Usually I use a 4.0 for King Tut.

Welcome, Quilted Cat pull up a chair and your favorite drink and join in for some helpful information.

I'm a new member myself and I am brand new to quilting too. I just wanted you to know that everyone here is very willing to help you with any questions and or projects that you may have. They are a great group of people. They have already helped me a WHOLE LOT!!!

Good luck with your new Milli and I hope you have much success.

Donna

DonnaCarol Designs

Milli

Hi Quilted Cat.

Welcome. We are so glad to have you aboard and wish you all the best with both of your new purchases. I am pretty new too, been posting awhile but only had my Millie up and running a monty or two. Must say, she has been an experience but thanks to all of the wonderful people here who are so encouraging and to (name removed) who is a marvelous rep, I think I may be on the way to more stitches in than out (does that make sense?)

This is such an awesome site and these new friends are the best ever.

Hi Linda, (Quilted Cat) :)

I'm glad you found your way to this forum. I think it's the best, most infomative and friendliest list on the internet!

I know you're the right person to take over my Longarm Supplies mail order business. It's exciting to see your enthusiasm for this new venture, and I hope the people on this list will give you a lot of support.

To my past customers & "forever" friends: Please visit Linda's site at http://www.longarmsupplies.com to see all the wonderful patterns, books, threads you can purchase for your business. Linda's daughter Rhonda (mother of FOUR boys!!) may be answering the phone if you call in an order, so please give her a warm welcome too. :)

Archived