This is our view.. neighbors yard.

I often open the inside door to look at this when it's in bloom. so gorgeous..

We haven't gotten to the green thumb stage, in this sand soil, to have something like this.

Bulb plants do grow for us, as long as the squirrels don't eat the bulbs when we plant them.

post--13461905937118_thumb.jpg

Rita, thank you for the pictures.

My family is from NC. I loved driving though Snowhill in the spring. There were so many dogwoods it looked like snow! My grandparents used to take me flower picking is the summer and we picked the tiger lillies growing in the ditches. Then my uncle would bring me lady slippers out of woods.

North Carolina has more varity of plants than any other state! Thanks again for the pictures.

I feel so badly for you who are still in snow and bad weather. down here the winders are so dry, we have to run a large humidifier. The summers are so humid, we have to run the dehumidifier.. Pine pollen gets so heavy I seldom go out, then it's too hot when the pine pollen stop and so heavy with humidity I can't breathe.

In the winter, it's cold and dry and if I go out for more than a few min.. my sinus' burn and sting, my eyes do the same.. and I get miserable in a very short time, so can't be in the outdoors very long, unless in a car. What a booger.. I love going outdoors.

Praying your weather clears up and on into spring with pretty flowers and good health.

Rita that brings back memories about pollen. When we first got married we lived in Georgia and when we came back off military leave the trailer inside was covered with all this yellow stuff on the counters, floor, tables everywhere. I couldn't believe it and all the windows were closed when we were gone. The pine pollen was so heavy. That was my first experience with allergies. yahh Love the pictures gives us hope spring will be here sometime in June maybe LOL

Archived