quilt photos

This is the quilt that Shana sent that I know was made up from blocks you had kindly sent to her earlier. It was given to the Bishop of Christchurch, who lost everything other than the clothes she was wearing in the February earthquake. My sister, Coral, tells me Bishop Victoria was overjoyed to receive it, that the colors were beautiful, quite ecclesiastic in the purples, greens, pinks and blues. She also said it was heart warming to know that the quilters from around the world were thinking of the Christchurch people and she appreciated very much being given a quilt. As well, she wanted to say Thank You to everyone for their contributions of quilts that will bring both warmth and colour into the lives of many Christchurch people at such a difficult time. I understand that Bishop Victoria had previously been the Bishop of Edmonton, Canada.

I know some might wonder why a quilt was given to the Bishop but as Coral said, often with a high profile person like the Bishop, it is assumed that they will be well looked after and easily get what ever they want or need. In this case Bishop Victoria has been more concerned about her people than herself and Coral felt it fitting to give her this beautiful quilt, so I do hope you will be happy about that.

I'll send some more photos soon.

Yvonne

post--13461906071913_thumb.jpg

What an HONORABLE thing to do. :) I love this story!!! :)

It is a small world indeed, yet a big world, too....!! To just think that our little quilt made such a difference in someone's life??? And to know that this Bishop would be snuggling underneath feeling the love???? Well, I can only be proud and smile very big grins. Yeaaaaaaaaay!!! :P

I do have to say that something (maybe God?) was telling me to make a quilt with the extra remaining blocks from Kenna's quilt and send it to NZ. Who knew???? :P

Thank you Von; Thank you Coral. ;)

Archived