Houston here we COME and Claudia's Coming Yeehaw

I signed up for 5 classes on 30th, 1st and 5th just last week! Not sure if there is any room left in them and won't know till the last minute since I was so late getting the schedule. One of them is Sharon's class "The Three W's of Stippling". Still going forward, why wait till I can get my machine? Also planning my yearly all day excursion with my friend. I usually focus on patterns and fabric but guess where I'll be THIS year!

I am going to classes one -maybe two- a day from the 27th until the 3rd. My schedule is at my shop so I cannot remember everything right now. Tammie and I are enrolled in several classes together. I had hoped that she would go for the buddy system and help the newbie out AND SHE DID!

I am so excited about this thing. Never been to Houston for this show.

I will be at Houston also. I believe that Thursday and Saturday are the days that I will get to go and play. No classes this year but lots of shopping, drooling and oooo and ahhh. Can't wait! This will be my fifth trip to Houston as we have friends in the area and she is a quilter also. Works out great for me. :-)

I'll be there too so I hope I can meet up with some of your girls!!

We're arriving there on Oct 31 and leaving on Nov 6 or 7th. We're heading to Galveston on Monday (6th) then coming home on Tues.

I also signed up for 6 classes but 2 of them were full. But I did get into Precision Quilting with Cadman, Borderlines with Clarke, Longarm Fancy Feathers with Taylor, and Free Motion that Fits with Patten. I didn't get into But Wait, There's More with Franks or Gadgets and Gizmos with Reeve's...but i have her video on this which I've been watching. I think most of my classes are good for beginners which is why I booked them.

Are any of you taking these same classes?

And what name tags are you wearing? I don't have one but will certainly watch for any of you. With thousands of other woman around it might be like finding a needle in a haystack. :)

We're also booked into a tour of Houston on Wed, a trip to Old Town Spring, the Bernina Fashion show and an Evening with Ricky Timms.

So we're going to have a very bsuy week but would still love to meet up with any or all of you.

We're staying at the Hyatt so if you don't find me during the day just leave me a msg at the hotel and I'll certainly give you a call. I'm not sure if I'm taking my cell phone yet...I'll have to find out what kind of an agreement my call company has with the US first....cause I could end up paying outrageous long distance fees. If I decide to take it then I'll post my nbr here. It sure would be nice to get together for dinner some evening.

See ya there!

Rita

NWT, Canada

Oh, one more thing about classes. did you know that you can now phone in and book your class over the phone? I just found that out a couple of weeks ago. they'll reserve the spot for you, tkae your Visa nbr than send you the paperwork later. I know cause i made some changes over the phone a couple of weeks ago. And she confirmed my placement right there on the phone so I didn't have to spend weeks worrying and wondering if I got into the class.

So for those of you that are still wondering, just call them and they'll let you know if you got into the class you wanted.

Rita

Guest Linda S

Oh I am so JEALOUS! I got to go last year and it was so much fun. I got to take some wonderful classes (one from our own Sherry Rogers-Harrison) and they really got me on my way to custom quilting. There is so much to see and do, you will all have a fabulous time. It you don't get the classes you want, be sure to check the message board while you are there. I managed to pick up several classes once I got there. Have fun, take pictures, and share when you come back! I'll be with you in spirit.

Linda

WOOHooo

I'll be there (tenth year in a row) and as usual I am excited, almost packed, got my extra bags to fill and Visa card all warmed up, ready to roll! I'm flying in on the 31st, to "rest" up for activities. I have five longarm classes set up and working two days for the LQS.

I do have a class I will not be able to make if anyone is interested in buying it Precision Quilting for Beginners with Cadman it is Friday, 11/03, 2:00 TO 5:00. Somehow I managed to overbook myself ;)

Rita, I'm in three of your classes... and staying at the Hyatt..

Good times to be had, hope to meet some of you!

:D

Teresa

Joy,

Have my catalog open in front of me. You should be able to catch a shuttle from either airport. Here are the hotels they list and they say there are discounted rates for the show, and shuttle services to the Convention Center.

Hilton Americas -713-739-8000

Hyatt Regency - 713-654-1234

Doubletree hotel - 800-772-7666

Four Seasons - 713-650-1300

Crowne Plaza Cullen Center - 713-739-8800

I've tried to sign up for Discovering Lomgarm Quilting with Ron Paul, Background Frenzy with Pam Clarke, Ready Set Quilt with Donita Reeve, Stippleing - The Three W's with Sharon Chamber, & Mastering the Art of McTavishing (you all know what that one is about!). Since I'm still pre-newbie, (no machine, just itchy fingers), what is the consensus here about my choices? Was trying to start from scratch, especially since I had to ask what frogging is! :D

Anyone that wants to say "Hi", I'll be the the tall one with the green seated walker! Probably be sitting on it! If I get any of the classes I wanted I'll be there on the 30th, the 2nd on then on Sunday. I'll confirm here as soon as I find out what I actually got!

BTW, If anyone is going on the Quilt Shop Tour it will be well worth it! It's an all day thingy. When you get to Quakertown Quilts in Friendswood, there are actually 2 shops. One is right down the sidewalk from the other. Say Hi to my Mom, Freddie, she won't get to go to the show because she'll be working all week, but she'll be tickled to hear from you!

Perhaps APQS could come up with a ribbon or pin of some sort that we could collect at their booth and could wear around the convention center. I think yellow ribbons have already been choosen, along with pink ones. Mark, what would the marketing department suggest? It would be like free advertising and I'm sure some people would ask us questions if the ribbon or tag were noticeable and clever. The ads in the magazines accomplish that purpose.

Mom and I are meeting there and attending for the first time. Hope to see some of you.

Vicki

I'll be there !! With bells on!:D:D We get in on the 26th, staying at the Hilton. Can't wait to take part in all the market doings. I'll must likely be easy to spot. My DH is 6'6" and is wearing a boot cast ! I'm sure not too many like that. This will be my first year for market, but have been to the quilt show for 5 or 6 years. It's great to have relatives in the area ! We'll only stay at hotel for 3 days of market. As the people in Tx know the traffic from Montgomery to Houston in the morning is rough to say the least ! Hope to see some of you guys there ! Myra, I'll be looking for you !;) Glenda

I'll be there too. Get in on the 29th and leave on the 5th. Staying at the Hilton.

Taking the following classes:

Mon - Laura Fritz afternoon and night classes

Tues - Machine Maint ( hoping they'll cover APQS) and Linda Taylor demo

Wed - Donita Reeve and Cathy Franks ( had both of them last year and really

enjoyed their classes.

Thurs - Beryl Cadman and Pam Clarke

Friday - Donita Reeve and shopping

Sat- Shop

I'm also signed up for lunch on Wed and Thurs and dinner Sat. night.

Anyone else going to lunch on these days or the Silver Star Salute Saturday?

Love to meet all of you.

Anne :D

Those that are working the booth for market could offer a ribbon or something for you all who want to meet to put on your name tag. Like we did at Innovations. Maybe Myrna? What do you think Myrna? I would do it but I am not there until festival, don't want to miss anyone. They key is to come by and get one, I know we missed a few in Tacoma! Or if anyone will offer to bring a roll of ribbon by, I know those working the booth would not mind to distribute. They could even pre-cut and tie some to a table so you all could just come by and grab one. It does make it nice to be able to recognize your chat friends! Don't be shy, I want to meet you too!

I'll be the one all pumped and who talks too much.!!!

Listen for laughter. That will be me. Having the time of my life.

Love the ribbon Idea. Thought I would get some APQS T-Shirts ordered too. That's a dead giveaway. lolol

Hey that's a thought. BRING T-SHIRTS. BRING US ALL T-SHIRTS. I have money and will pay. lololol

Ok, got my confirmation! out of the five classes I got 2 of them. Wednesday afternoon, Nov 1 I have the 3 W's of stippleing. On Sunday morning November 5th I got The Art of McTavishing so looks like I'm good to go! Also, I got rejected for a class that was full that I didn't evven apply for! Ha! Darn those typos!!! Will be there Saturday to shop & play! I'll be on one of those scooters that day, but will try to stay out of everyone's way! I'll show up in Karen's class the next morning with black eyes from elbows in my eyes! I need a "sit or stand" scooter). Y'all have fun, now, and welcome to Houston, Texas!! ( Right Grammie?)

although I absolutely hate this part of traveling I have managed to get all my stuff ready for Houston. I am overnighting all my class related items and most of my clothes to Grammie so that I don't have to worry about the airline losing it!

wish me luck, I am getting so nervous about this trip I actually had dreams about it last night. this is odd for me because I usually don't remember my dreams!

Archived