Thank goodness I took Amy's maintenance class!

I just have to say, I sure am glad I just took Amy's maintenance class at MQS!!

I was stiching around applicate yesterday, when suddenly the needle broke! I have no idea what made it break, but when I loaded the new needle and did the needle down, it caught the needle and stalled the machine. I didn't panic! I got out the manual Amy gave us, and set the timing. It took a long time, but was not difficult to do, and wallah! It works fine now. ( I never found the tip of the needle though. )

I can only say that if I had not taken that class, I would have freaked out!! I would have thought the milli was ruined.

THANKS For the wonderful class Amy!

There is a class in July along with a beginner, and advanced, the week of July 12th, hope to meet some other newbies? I am still waiting on Dawn to get me the information about motels, and register and pay for the classes. I sent an email when the classes were posted and have sent several since then, have sent a u2u and still have not received a reply. I am about to decide APQS has that girl so busy going to shows that she can't fulfill her class inquiries. I sincerely hope she will be there for the beginner class, 'cause there is a show on the 13th, forgot where, but ...will she be there for the class on the 12th?

I think Amy does stay pretty busy! I took the maint class at MQX and it was the best thing I did! I loved the other classes too and learned so much but when I got home I did not hesitate to take my machine apart and check and clean everything! Even changed out my grease. The classes are great because you do get to touch and hear everything (the little sounds the machine makes when it is good and then the sounds it makes when it is not right) but I still think a maint. DVD would be a big plus!

Yes, Barb Mayfield is here in Hawaii and she showed me how to set the timing yesterday. Barb is such a sweetheart, I'm so glad and honored to have met her and her husband Mike. And Patti Jo too.

Hope you guys are enjoying the Kona Coffee.

Sharon, MQS is Machine Quilters Showcase and is held in May (usually starts the day after Mother's Day) In Overland Park, KS. It is wonderful!

There is also MQX (Machine Quilters Expo) in Providence in April and MQX-West in Portland. I think it just ended. Also, many other shows that APQS goes to. I think they will be at Quilting With Machines in Huron, OH this year; but not sure.

Archived