My Montana quilt done!

May I borrow your template? or is it a pattern? Is that McDonald Lake? I see it has a pillow tuck--must be a big one. I have some horse blocks and panel to put in a quilt. I love the flying geese border. hmmmmm

Lovely, refreshing, thanks for the inspiration.:)

Thank you-

Carol-I had my dght edit out my pic as I had been quilting ALL day to finish the quilt so I was "hunched over" holding the quilt up-had no make up on & it was 100+ outside & darn near close to that inside as well!!

Boni & Teresa- This is my own design-no patteren or template! A woman in California commissioned me to make this quilt for her new home here in Montana. I sketched a design,quoted her a price & she wrote me check so off to the quilt shop in Livingston I went!!!

Dixie Lee-The back is not really "lined up" it's just the quilting on the back! I did it all free hand tho I did lightly sketch the pine bough pillow tuck then slowly followed my lines. I debated for a VERY long time as to whether or not to use black thread on the back but I really did not want to deal with "Pokies" I am so pleased with this quilt!!!! I am delivering it tomorrow- still triing to decide on the label design.

Well you might not see it as lined up, but the quilting on the front outlines the designs on the back, makes them appear "framed" are those designs panels, embroidery, applique? Anyway they're obviously where they belong and beautifully framed by the quilting you stitched from the front. That's what I meant by lined up . . . probably the wrong term but if the quilting ran through those designs, they wouldn't be properly aligned. Did you applique the back designs on by hand after the quilting??? Just curious because I think it's stunning! Two quilts for the price of one.

Archived