Lenni Died

Barb,

Welcome to the forum. Can you raise the needle manually using the flywheel? My Millie has done this a couple of times and it makes ominous sounding noises and I can't use the needle up/down function. If I turn off the machine, raise the needle manually and then turn on the power I am back in business. Hope your problem is this simple.

Good luck,

Sue

Took off Flywheel cover no threads very little dust very thing moves manually. Took of motor cover. Belt turns when I turn fly wheel manually no wear on belt. on the other end of the motor is a white wheel with holes, when I turn the machine on it turns 180 degrees and stops turn off and on again turned that much again. Motor looks clean no dust or threads.

I see a fuse next to the switch need to get book to see how to open.

Thanks for the suggestions so far.

Took out fuse beside on/off switch, looks clear and filament looks connected.

Now when I turn power switch the little white wheel on the motor spins slowly. When I press on the green button the white wheel spins fast whining sound (from machine not me) black belt on back of motor does "not" turn. That was after I gently pushed the wires on the underside of machine. I will let my DH take the bushings out of the motor when he gets home.

My washer and dryer are also apart. The new parts came today. He is going to be busy. I thought today "good I can't laundry so I can quilt all day". "not"

Thanks ladies.

Yes the fuses are fine. I have power. The front of the motor turns but the black belts on the back do not operate. I will call APQS service tomorrow.

Bonnie: I live in Johnson north central. 12 miles from Anne Harmon, Stowe who is also a Sales Rep.

Thanks to all.

Vt/Barb

Guest Linda S

Barb - who is your rep? Can they come and help you? I'm trying to imagine what could have gone wrong. Did you get a manual with your machine? I have the general APQS Maintenance manual. The belt not moving concerns me - could it be the grease in the bottom of the machine is bad and it has seized-up? Not likely, but I think the belt is key to whatever is wrong there.

The problem was the hex screw on the black belt pulley had to be tightened. And the brass screws for the needle timing were way off. Also me understanding what people were talking about.

My husband Mike talked to Mike in Maine they understood each other and fixed my Lenni and we are quilting again. Anne Harmon my local rep (great friend) was super

in locating people to help me. She was right from the beginning. the needle up/down needed adjusting. I was sure it was the motor.

Super thanks to Mike O'Donnell and Anne Harmon and many people on this forum. Nice to know people are there. So glad I purchased a APQS machine. APQS is great!!!!

VTBarb

Archived