Today's the day (maybe!) - Update and pics

that I take my quilt show entry off the frame. Honestly, sometimes I think I'm the world's slowest quilter!

This quilt has been three years in the making (if you don't count how long I had the fabric before I started it). It is for my niece and her husband, and they'll be married 3 years in October. I made it using fabrics in the colors of their wedding and have had it pieced for quite a while, but between quilting for friends and being scared to start on it, it didn't make it to the frame until mid-July. I worked on it a bit then, but had to take it off when I realized that the quilt show was coming up in September, I had to finish one for a friend so she could get it bound, and we were going to be gone 10 days in August! Yikes!

Returned from vacation and put mine back on the frame and have been working on it steadily since then - the quilting isn't elaborate, I'm just SLOW! But . . . if all goes well today, I'll finish the quilting and be ready for binding - and have it ready for the show well before the submission date. Wish me luck!

Update: Well, I didn't get it done - too many distractions today! However, I did take a couple of pics as kind of a sneak peak.

post--13461906879783_thumb.jpg

Archived