OBW Red Hat

Here is the little one I just did. It's my quilt, and I learned a lot about choosing fabric for this type of pattern. I did a hat meander by Deb Geissler, computer executed, purple thread top and bottom. It shows nicely on the back but really obliterates the piecing on the top.

post--13461907049787_thumb.jpg

Hi Rita....why are you very hurt??? Did I miss something? :(Email me if you want to.

Nut harvest is late this year....isn't everything? Here it is almost October 1, and the nuts are still hanging on the trees. Can you believe it? We have had some rain this week so we're hoping that will loosen them and life can get back on track. Usually DH has started and half finished by this time. tsk tsk

Joan, when I read OBW, I say, Oh Be Wan Canobie...it's funny! Took me a while to figure it out too.:D

Thanks everyone for the comments. I put that little Red Hat up just to show what not to do. I found that fabric to use for a trial and agree that there isn't much interest for a OBW. The little icons were few and far apart for a OBW and there was too much of one color--red. It was fun to see how they spun in the octagons...but not much for between the centers...and the edges were impossible to focus. Too much empty space in the fabric. Don't mean to run it in the ground because it is colorful and fun. I put a purple binding on it and called it done.

Happy quilting!

Bonnie, I thought I changed that, several days ago. The hurt is gone and I'm at peace now, so won't go into it.. hope you understand. Will go and try to change it again.

Seems the weather is confusing a lot of things.. Hope the nuts drop soon.. Hi to your hubby too.

Hugs from Rita

Boni, I love that you showed your quilt. It turned out cute, but you're right about the fabric hiding all the hard work of the block. That's what the instructor was afraid would happen when I brought in my fabric, but I was there in class with 10 yards of this fabric (previous purchase intended for a back) so I said I was going for it anyway. Like you...by the time I was finished all I wanted was for it to be in a stack called DONE. We all have quilts like that. I like the red hat panto. My SIL is a Red Hat Lady and she would be in heaven with your quilt.

Thanks Oma...I knew you would understand. I have a red "Cap" with sequins that I wear when I feel particularly goofy. The quilt suits me in my "other" life too.

Funny thing...I bought a bolt of coffee theme fabric after I made this one, thinking there was lots of "action" in the fabric. I cut out all the triangles and put together most of them to the half stage. I got busy, rearranged furniture and sewing stuff to make room for a class, and LOST the project. I cannot find it in my house. That was a year ago and I still haven't found it. My worst vision is that it went in a box of stuff for the thrift store. But my happier vision is that it is at the bottom of a pile that I will joyfully find to my complete surprise some day when I'm looking for a project to do---as if I will complete all I have that I can find. :P

I don't suppose anyone else has that problem? hmmmmm?

Rita, glad you changed moods. I will pass on the greeting to DH. You do the same to Himself.

Archived