Oh my, how do I quilt this? (up date photo)

I made this, "Carpenters Square" quilt top years ago. It is one of the oldest in the pile. I can't remember which came first this one or a red and cream, "Cherry Basket" that is also in the pile. Anyway, not sure how to quilt it. I think I would like the cream to pop and the blue to lay down. What do you think?

12-19-2011

Started it today.

100_2285.jpg

100_2271.jpg

100_2272.jpg

Wow, love the quilt top. Looks like it was a lot of work to piece! Lots of tight filler in the blue would definitely send it in the background and make the cream pop. Pebbles like Lyn suggested would look great, or just micro stippling? Please share pics when you're done! Can't wait to see what you do with this!

Thanks for the ideas. Several in our Bee made this quilt. I am going to do mine first and then have a couple to do for customers.

Another long arm quilter did one an she did some line dancing on the strips and Terry Twists in the intersections with feathers in the light colored crosses.

Being the Queen of the "never SID unless you absolutely must" Guild, I will throw out that if you are going to stitch something tiny to push down all the pretty blue, just SID as you go in the pale blue thread. Even if you don't get right in the ditch, it will be enough to pop the cream lattice. Then if you feel it needs it, SID the cream only in those intersecting seams to accentuate the woven effect of the lattice. That will be lots of starts and stops, but no way as many as if you SID all the cream first.

I'm exhausted just thinking about SIDing that whole quilt...........:o

Originally posted by ffq-lar

Being the Queen of the "never SID unless you absolutely must" Guild, I will throw out that if you are going to stitch something tiny to push down all the pretty blue, just SID as you go in the pale blue thread. Even if you don't get right in the ditch, it will be enough to pop the cream lattice. Then if you feel it needs it, SID the cream only in those intersecting seams to accentuate the woven effect of the lattice. That will be lots of starts and stops, but no way as many as if you SID all the cream first.

I'm exhausted just thinking about SIDing that whole

quilt...........:o

Can I be the princess of :never stitch in the ditch unless you absolutely must:? lol I love that title!

Archived