Project from Boni's Moxie meeting.....

This was one of the 2 projects that Boni had for us to do at her Moxie meeting this month. I got beads put on to hold down the flaps and I'll be using it as a jewlery catcher. Thanks Boni for you hosting and supplying all of the fabric and coming up with such a cute idea. ;)

Here is a picture

post--13461907816483_thumb.jpg

Oma, we started with about a 11" squares of 2 fabrics and batting. Fabric right sides together with batting on the bottom. Start stitching about 1/2 way on one side. stitch around square leaving an opening to turn the fabrics right side out. (clip off excess fabric at the corners so they will come to a nice point when turning) fold 2 sides into corner and stitch up about 1/3 of the way tapering the stitch line as you would a dart in a blouse. Do this to make the 4 corners, then fold down the corners and put button/bead on the corners. Very cute and quick to make. Boni was the one that had the directions, so if I've messed up, jump in Boni and straighten me out!! LOL :D

Thank you Patty Jo for posting your finished project. It turned out very cute. Yes, Patty Jo, there were no written directions...I learned from someone else too. I try to match the fabrics on a theme and use at least one button for focus...like this...

And as you can see, I use mine for more than just a thread catcher...business cards, pins, candy, measuring spoons/pot holder...possibilities are endless. You can use Peltex for a stiff bowl/box, soft batting for a soft box, or a thinner fusible interfacing for an in-between.

Have fun and Merry Christmas to all.

post--13461907822448_thumb.jpg

Very clever............I need to make one as a thread catcher to have next to Millie. It could sit right on the quilt top while working and easily moved as needed. Love it !

I have some double sided quilted fabric that could be used, too. I would have to bind the edges though, but it would work. I'll have to play around one of these days.

Linda

Archived