Interchangable feet on APQS

I ordered the kit of three feet and have only used the open. It is so nice because I always felt as though I had to stand so tall so I could see over the top of the hopping foot. I don't know if my quilting is any better but it's a little less work now because I can see the needle so well. Alittle more relazing.

Hi Everyone,

I have attached a file below that will describe the different feet available for APQS machines (including the George). You'll see that there is a "high profile" open toe foot that would still allow you to use rulers along the sides and back of the foot, but not the front.

The one thing to be aware of is that the interchangeable foot kit will only work if your machine currently has the "interchangeable" shank on it, which started coming on APQS machines this past spring. (You can identify it by two small set screws that are located on the rear of the foot.)

You can certainly add the interchangeable feet to your machine if yours is older, but you'll first need to purchase the newer "split shaft" foot to replace your current one-piece foot. If you have any questions, just let us know. We're here to help!

APQS INTERCHANGEABLE HOPPING FEET.pdf

Hi Lynn,

The "replacement" split shank foot you'd need to install already comes with the tall profile foot like you have on the machine--it is the new "standard" foot sent out with all machines. It is just like the one you have now with high sides all the way around. It just comes in two parts, so that you can remove the tall profile foot and add the other lower shank parts as you desire. The replacement split hopping foot is $137.50. The additional feet are sold separately as you see on the attachment in the post above, or as a kit.

It is possible to swap out your current one-piece foot with the newer foot without sending the machine back to the factory. It isn't hard, but does require you to re-time the machine since the hook must be removed to get the old one out.

Hope that explains better!

Barb, my machine has needed to be timed a number of times which puzzles me a bit!? Anyway, your husband will have no trouble. The directions in the manual are very good and you know how wonderful Dawn and her crew are if you need help.

Lynn and Cathy, I thought I would need to change feet to use rulers but I don't. the open part is not so wide that a ruler catches on it. The visibility with the open toe is excellent. My complaint about the original foot was that I couldn't alway see where the needle was going. Retracing is so much easier for me now.

Archived