What kind of tablet do you like best?

After all my research, I settled for the Fujitsu Q550. It runs Win 7, bought it for the PantoVision. It is a bit pricey,

but I love Windows!

ASUS makes Win 7 tablets as well, they also have 12 inch screens. I would have bought the ASUS but I wanted my tablet yesterday!!! There's none in stock here...

In my opnion, you get more for your buck if you choose Windows based tablet vice ipad or android, but then again, I love Windows!:D

I love these responses!!! Thanks, everyone. I am still undecided. I already have a Nook; it's about 2 years old now. I can check e-mail on it, but it's a PITA, in my opinion.

I am still leaning towards an iPad 3 or the Asus tablet. I'm going to wait until the iPad 3 is available and then compare these two.

Keep writing - it seems there are a lot of us on the brink of making a purchase.

Meg - LOL!

Hey Sandra,

I read that ipad3 will stll not carry Adobe flash player for videos. QNN uses adobe flash for videos, so does the Quilting School.

Can anyone watch these videos on their current ipads? Just curious I don't have one.

Cheers.

LOVE this thread. I would love to have an I-Pad but not in the budget just now.

I've had a Kindle for the last year and love it - I just use it to read books. Last weekend I thought it had died because it wouldn't switch on and didn't seem to want to charge - no amber light, nothing. I called Amazon & of course, mine is 1 year & 1 week old so out of warranty. However, I left it plugged in overnight and it seemed to re-boot itself without loosing any of my books. In talking to Amazon I did discover that it should hold a charge for 10 days with wifi on & 30 days with wifi switched off. Mine has never lasted longer than 7 days whether I use it or not and regardless of whether wifi is on or off. Anyone else had these problems?

I've saved this thread to faves. I know I'm going to want to read it again as I consider some kind of tablet.

I have the Kindle last years model which I only use for reading, love it.

I also have the IPad 2 which is fabulous. There are more tablets coming onto the market all the time.

I would really recommend going to the stores and trying them out. When looking with my son recently some of the models have a sluggish feel to them when using the touch screen.

One other thought, last year I went form a PC to a Apple IMac , my phone is an iPhone and I have the iPad . With the latest updates to Apple software, if you take a photo with you iPhone that photo will go to your iPad and to your Mac computer. You know longer have to attach your iPhone or iPad to your computer to sync. They can now sync without being attached to a computer. Any any app or music you buy through iTunes or the app store can be download to your phone as well as your tablet. One other thing i love about the ipad and iphone is they now have the ability to mirror what you see on the screen to your TV. They all work together so well.

Do I sound like an Apple fan :D

Originally posted by Parm

Hey Sandra,

I read that ipad3 will stll not carry Adobe flash player for videos. QNN uses adobe flash for videos, so does the Quilting School.

Can anyone watch these videos on their current ipads? Just curious I don't have one.

Cheers.

Parm I hadn't ever tried to watch video's from QNN so I just gave it a try. Most come up saying iDevice video coming soon. I was able to watch one of the free videos . I was sure this was because something had to be uploaded correctly but it appears that my membership had lapsed. I just renewed and I can watch the videos no problem. Hubby uses it for Netflix all the time.

Parm & Heidi - interesting info regarding QNN. I just renewed my membership, so would love to watch these videos on my tablet. So many things to consider, so I'm glad ti read your comments. I hadn't even thought about that question.

It does seem that the iPads are the most popular just now. I love asking this group for input. You all are great!

iPad2 is the way to go. There are so many apps available. If the pad is turned on it's side the key touch area is large enough to type on easily. I can download any type of book to read. Also I can download reading or audio books from the public library.

The screen is large enough to watch videos on comfortably. The productivity appps available are great. It is never far from my side all day long. My husband also has one.

Archived