Lancaster Quilt Show

hi everybody...

just wondering if anyone is planning on attending the lancaster, pa quilt show next week.

i'll be passing thru there on my way home and will be there on friday with my bqff (best quilty friend forever), barb.

i also plan to hit burkholders and wooden bridge either thursday afternoon or saturday morning.

i would sure love to meet some of my forum friends in person. plus, my bqff lives in that area and would love to make some quilty friends.

let me know and we can plan to meet.

meg ;)

I'm there 4 glorious days!!! Yay!!! I'm taking classes, helping out at the Pellon Legacy booth and of course drooling and getting inspired by all the quilts and hopefully not overloading my credit card! I love it and can't wait! Friday my hubby and youngest daughter is coming down to stay overnight - she's 11 and will be in luckiest sewing girl around! Of course she's happy to get an educational day off from school also! Let me know if you want to stop and say hi - it's alwys neat to meet people from here! ;):P:D:cool:

I will be there Friday afternoon, not sure when. I love Wooden Bridge. I thought the people who owned Burkholders split and the new store of the artistic one is near Zooks and The Country Store. So you might want to check that out.

There are 2 more quilt shows in Lancaster, PA at the same time at a different location. The American Quilters Society (AQS) show is in Lancaster City and the other 2 shows are in the country where the Lancaster quilt shows were originally.

See two more shows in one visit. . .

Free shuttle bus between the: 22nd Annual Lancaster Quilt Show at the Continental Inn

and the 2nd Annual Lancaster Spring Quilt Show at the Host Resort & Conference Center, 2300 Lincoln Highway East, Lancaster, PA.

http://lancasterquiltshow.com/

Vendors: http://lancasterquiltshow.com/vendors.html

http://www.lancasterquiltshow.webs.com/

Vendors: http://lancasterquiltshow.webs.com/2012vendors.htm

There is always room for another quilt show!

Happy shopping,

Becky

Nope, can't go, work is interferring. I also heard that you can't park at the convention center, and you have to park somewhere else and ride shuttles. I buy to much stuff to ride a shuttle. I usually make several trips to my care, LOL.

hi Meg:

usually we stay over, but this time we are (there's five bqff) are driving in from new york for the show, zooks (we like zooks) and the surrounding fabric stores, our favorite dinner spot, but no adult drinks this time because we have to drive back to new york late saturday evening . . .

Marilynn

Oh my gosh Bev! I remember that - it doesn't sound good how we met though! Yes the hot tub at the Marriot - I quite remember it now and was sorry I didn't get your email address etc. to keep up over the busy past year!

Meg and Bev here's my email address rosenoll@ptd.net or better yet my cell number (better to use this!) 570-259-2008. I 'm taking a class Friday afternoon but probably will be spending time at the show with the hubby and youngest daughter in the morning.

And yes I plan on going to the hot tub again in the evening - it' so relaxing!!!

• 2 weeks later...

well, i went to the show and had a blast!

i went to country store, burkholders and wooden bridge and got lots of fabric at those great lancaster prices. i will certainly have some 'splainin' to do when the bill comes in.

i met angela at the apqs booth, test drove the bliss, learned about glide thread (thanks angela) and spent 2 days with my BQFF.

i got my famore snips sharpened....and bought myself the ones with the hook for ripping.

i got a pair of snips for my BQFF as a thank you for letting me crash at her house for 2 nights. this was a tactical move on my part as now she will want to go to shows with me and get her snips sharpened for free. i know this sounds calculating, but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

we went offsite to one of the other show locations and watched dusty farrell do some freehand quilting in the nolting booth. this is the second time i have been mesmerized by his one handed fly by the seat of your pants quilting style. he's a real talent.

i test drove all the brands of machines they had at the show and i still love my m&m-ed lola-baby the best. this is a relief since we are stuck with each other anyway.

i have only one regret....i didn't know that KAREN STONE was teaching there. hello??? KAREN STONE! i could have taken a class with her. what a dope i am. this regret was offset by the fact that LOTS of her beautiful quilts were on display for all to see, IN PERSON! including CINCO DE MAYO - my number 1 bucket list quilt. let me - tell you - it's even more gorgeous in person than it is in the book.

i wish i could've met more of my forum friends, but i was only there one day, friday, and there was so much to see & do. maybe next time.

hope libby, bev, marilyn & roseann had as much fun as i did!

roseann, did you get to take the karen stone class? i'd love to hear about it.

So glad you had a great time Meg. Yea it's alot to take in in only a day or two. I was fortunate enough to be able to stay at the hotel that housed the show. One advantage of working with Pellon is that as a vendor I was able to get in before the show started to gawk at all the quilts without people laughing at my expression! I took longarm lecture demo classes with Judy Woodworth - 5 of them and they were so worth it! She's a great teacher, super talented artist and just very nice. I learned so much! Between classes I worked the Pellon Legacy booth and the batting flew out of there! People are realizing how good it is. I did get time to shop at the vendors there and found some wonderful goodies. Yes Glide thread is awesome! ! I was actually talking to Bev's mom at the booth but didn't get to see Bev. I met Libby at the booth also. My hubby and youngest daughter came down to stay overnight Friday and

she loved it! I had a great time and can't wait for next year.

We were only in Lancaster for Friday, so we didn't get to the downtown show until 3:30. Unfortunately I didn't know that Mindy Wylie and Dustin Farrell were teaching at the Lancaster Host until it was too late. However, Mindy said they'll be back next year, so I'll be making plans to stay for a few days. I did get to call Kim Loar, but she was already home for the day. She had the two challenge quilts at the Lancaster Host that won awards, although they weren't posted. If you saw the quilts, hers were the first and last ones against the far wall. She also had two in the other show.

Angela and Tony helped me out with a few quilting questions. Such simple solutions that I just couldn't think of. The bliss brake system is awesome. I say this because I can't get mine tightened enough to hold. Tony told me to send them a picture to see if I have it set correctly. I also tried to talk is brother into entering a quilt in the kid's competition of the quilt shows. It's so nice to meet forum friends and next year I'm hoping to have more time.

It was good to get to see a lot of people and I thought the AQS show was great. I was there 5 days between volunteering and taking classes. I never got down to the Host to see the other show. That 's where two of my quilts were displayed from a challenge for Quilter's Treasure. Awesome that I won 1st and 3rd in the challenge and I have no clue why they didn't have our ribbons on the quilts.

Libby, I'm so sorry I missed you. I would have waited before going home if I had known. We'll try again next year!

I had some great classes with Judy Woodworth and saw Roseann in class. Got to "yak" with Sue Patten quite a bit. (She'll be at Quilt Odyssey in Hershey, PA this summer.)

Meg, I was one of the lucky people that got to hang Karen Stone's quilts before the show started. WOW is all I can say!

I got to try out the pantovision and that's very cool. Not quite ready for APQS machines yet but soon. Mine's on order as soon as they release it for our machines.

Congratulations to the winners at AQS. The quilts were gorgeous and I was honored just to have two of mine accepted and hanging in the show.

Oh, and the best news. DH finally said go ahead and get Blissed!!

Originally posted by kloar

Meg, I was one of the lucky people that got to hang Karen Stone's quilts before the show started. WOW is all I can say!

WOW! you lucky thing! i think i would've been afraid to touch them....that's what a HUGE karen stone fan i am. i have stared at the pics of these quilts for hours and still ~ i could not believe how ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS they are in person.

to tell the truth, it's probably a good thing i wasn't aware of her class. most likely, i would've been a blabbering idiot around her anyway! ;)

I forgot to mention that Kim was also in a few of my classes with Judy and we got to chat. I told her that she got a quilt - (actually 2) into the show and that was an accomplishment! By Friday I came down with some bug and felt terrible that day and Saturday. The people who were working the Pellon booth told me I could go home but I didn't want to leave them hanging plus I wanted to do some last minute shopping. Needless to say I'm still fighting over whatever is it I have but it was so worth it!

Lucky you Kim to get the Bliss system. I get my Millie back from Iowa this week - it went to get serviced while I was away. I'm anxious to get it back up and running especially now that I learned so much with Judy!

Archived