Blessing to You and Some Humor from Texas

Hello everyone,

I haven't had much time for stopping in lately but I wanted to take the time to wish you all a wonderful and blessed season.

I know that this time of the year we take out special time to give thanks and spend time with those we love dearly and I love that about the season but I must add that we need to take out this time all year round.

With all the talents that come and go into this forum your greatest and most fullfilling talent is your ability to GIVE. The past three months have really opened up my eyes to what is important to me and in my life. Love is something we need to grasp and hold onto 365 Days of the year. Do not get to caught up in the Trinkets sold at Walmart and the Christmas Sweaters at the Mall. Memories last a lifetime and cannot be SOLD in a Garage Sale a few months later.

Please make it a point to tell someone that you Know in your Heart Needs to Hear "I love you and you are important to Me" Do that and no package under the Tree will give you a greater purpose to this joyous Holiday Season. I love you all to pieces and I wish you the best this season.

Till we meet again. God Bless you all.

Some Texas Humor is attached with a smile from Me to you!

ROTF LMAO.....I have wanted to do this SO MANY TIMES....but either the kid wouldn't stand still or didn't have any duck tape. Can I frame it for my wall.

We love you as well Tammie, and thank you for the bright bit of humor and your bright voice on the phone when I have needed to yell at someone. Thank you from the bottom of my Montana heart temporarily transplanted in New York. Thank you for being you and thank you for your wisdom. Love ya.

You have said it well. I could not agree more! I am so over the gifts and decorating and craziness! It is about giving of yourself, time and showing you care! Today we had our Holiday Brunch at my guild. We gave away over 450 quilts to local shelters and foster homes! That is what it is about! Great feeling!

I LOVE this picture! It reminds me of when we had or first born son. We were so excited to have him we played with him like he was a little doll. We would dress him up in costumes, dress him like a girl, wrap him in ace bandages, put fake patches on his eye like a pirate! We have the funniest pictures of him! If they were digital I would share them with you. Maybe someday I will scan them.

Thanks again Tammie!

Tammie!

You are giving away our Texas babysitting cheats! Oh well, 'tis the Season for sharing and Sherri has set our example. Since you told this one I'll reveal that when out of duct tape just lick their faces and stick them to the wall. It'll work for about thirty minutes then you have to lick 'em again so set the timer! (spit, ICK!)

Oh my goodness! I about split my sides laughing at the picture! Then along came Kenna's back up suggestion and I really was roflol.

I think my daughter would like to have known about the redneck time out about two years ago. The lick 'em and stick'em will probably still work!

Oh my, oh my, my sides still hurt from laughing!

Phyllis Hughes

Oklahoma City

Tammie,

Blessings to you too !! You are a sweet, kind, funny and talented person. Your message to us here is heart felt and so very true. You're right about what's important. :) We love you too.

Now, on to your picture - I laughed so loud that my family came out of their caves (where my sons were, playing the latest high-tech video games) to see what was up . . . then they laughed too. Anyone who is a parent can relate to this. Why didn't I think to duct tape my boys to the wall when they were younger?? It's a great idea . . . I'm so mad at myself . . . all that lost opportunity . . . all that time spent having to watch them like a hawk. Thank you for sharing. I can't stop laughing. What would we do without you, Tammie?

Hugs,

- Suzanne Moreno

Digitizing for CompuQuilter Instructor

cqdigi@charter.net

Gerry,

Redneck is as redneck does, it's all in the way you handle life, so I guess you can live anywhere and be a redneck! Being a Texan is a little different: if you're born here and then go anywhere else in the world you are still a Texan. If you are born anywhere else and come here ya gotta get the attitude thingy just right in order to be "adopted". I'd say with your "get 'er done" attitude and all you take on and accomplish you could be adopted without ever setting foot in Texas! So we'll say you're Texan at heart!

the duct tape thing works for teens too! Every time the Brats are not getting along-which seems to be for the last 2 years!-i threaten to duct tape them together so that they HAVE to get long to accomplish anything.

In regards to the letter: Tammie please remember that this is the absolute last holiday you will have to spend away from family. Have you started the countdown to your final days, yet?:P

Oh that is just soooooooo funny! We keep telling the kids we are gonna duct tape them and put them in the closet...............I think putting them on the wall is even better.

You are so right about the holiday season. We should all give thanks to each other for being on this forum. I too have learned so much in the short time I have been a member here. Everyone here is just wonderful.

Oh that picture is priceless. My kids had to come and see why I was laughing so hard too. They laughed also. Now I can remind them of that picture next time they get out of line. Which should be in the next hour or so. :P Always have lots of Duct tape on hand. Thanks for the great picture and special words it came at just the right time to calm me down and to remind myself of what the season is all about. It is easy to forget sometimes.

Seasons Greetings to all. Love this forum. You have all been a great help to me.

Angela

Archived