MQX -Providence

Guest Linda S

I'll be there! Wednesday - Friday and perhaps again for a bit on Saturday. What are you taking? I'll mostly be in computer classes, except for one of Sherry Rogers-Harrison's Color it Done classes.

I would love to go....I think I can get leave for Thursday and Friday, but I haven't gotten a hotel room yet and don't know how crazy it would be to try to get one now. I want to take Renae's Autopilot class, and anything that would improve my skills. Seems like most of the classes are still open...

vicki-you're in VA...we are practically neighbors:)

I'll be there Tues. night through Fri noon. I am taking Sharon Schamber's couture feathers class and then Dawn's pricing class both on Wed, Angela Walters quilting negative spaces on Thurs afternoon and Karen McT quilting for show on Friday morning. I am planning to attend the awards ceremony on Wed night and shop early when they open the vendor booths. I'll be sure to look for you all!

Jen - yes we are neighbors! Maybe we can get together sometime! If you go up to MQX let me know and i"ll be sure to find you too!

I am taking the Acela up with my quilting friend that does all of the wonderful applique and I quilt her quilts...in fact her Christmas Quilt that she appliqued and I quilted is in the MQX show!

i wish....it's so close and i loved it when i went.

but...it's the last year with my baby boy before he goes off to college - and his last high school spring break - so i will be doing the family thing.

next year i AM going. I AM GOING NO MATTER WHAT! I AM!

and taking classes and seeing everyone i want to see.

i'll be looking for a roomie - keep me in mind!

This will be my first time attending the show, and you all seem to be old hands :) what things are not to be missed? I have classes all day th and fr, but I can come one more day, either wed or sat. Which day would be better? I'll probably have my husband and kids with me, though, although I've trained them well! My 4 year old boy wants his own sewing machine, but not sure about 14 mo old daughter yet...

Mandalei,

This is only my 2nd year going, I was apprehensive last year not knowing what to expect. I dragged along my 26 year old daughter (who was a very good sport) and had a blast! I was so blown away by the classes and the vendors that cater to longarmers! But the best part was meeting so many of the forum friends!

The hours are listed in the booklet. At the moment I've misplaced mine, But Wednesday is 6:30 to 9??. Thursday opens at 9 or 10 and closes at 8 PM. Friday 9 or 10 to 6 and the same for Saturday. It seems to me one day it opened at 9 and another at 10.

The hours are Thursday 10 am to 8 pm, Friday 9 am to 6 pm and Saturday 9 am to 5 pm. They don't say what the evening hours are after the awards ceremony on Wednesday but I know it is usually until at least 8 pm it may even be 9 pm. If you are registered it is free to attend the award ceremony which runs from 5 to 6:00 pm.

The mystery or QSI Quilt Scene Investigation is from 6 - 7:30 on Thursday. If you are registered you just have to show up to participate.

Hope this helps.

Guest Linda S

Should we tie a piece of blue ribbon to our badges so that we will recognize each other as APQS gals? So many of you don't have photos and I know I'll miss you. I must admit that I often forget to look for the ribbons, but sometimes I remember! It will give me a better shot at finding you.

Archived