Dragonfly panto

Originally posted by cmoore1223

I love the quilt. Your blog and website are great. I was going to add the blog on my list to follow but I can't find any link to do so?

Hi,

Thanks for wanting to follow my blog, the link above should take you to the latest entry of my blog each time I think.

Janette, You did a great job on this quilt. You can feel the dragonflies flying when you look at this quilt...make sense? I also enjoyed looking at your blog. Your work is really nice.

I spent extra time looking at your whole cloth...which is gorgeous! You mention that you mirrored the image. Does this mean that you drew a quarter of the design, then turned that portion of the design to mirror it in the other 3 quarters?

Thanks for sharing.

BTW - how did you make out with your new carriage parts? I hope all is well now.

Hi Carol,

Thanks, actually the wholecloth is mirrored with an eighth of the quilt, so you only actually have to design 1/8th of it ... cool.

My carriage parts still have not arrived, but I am getting on a bit better with it after removing the rear stabiliser wheel....

Originally posted by WestieMom

Thanks, Janette...an 1/8th is even better. I really would like to try a whole cloth. Glad to hear you're getting on better with the new carriage.

Actually Carol, there were a few other adjustments that I made to my side arms and leveller bar too which seem to also have made some improvements. After scrutinising it all over again. My leveller bar was kind of bowed in places and was putting more pressure on my machine in certain areas of the quilt which was giving me too much resistance in those areas, so I took my leader off my top bar and moved my leveller bar to the top bars position, and vice versa (I float all of my tops anyway so didn't use the leaders anyway) and that also made some improvement.

You should go for trying out a wholecloth, you will be amazed - I didn't think it possible for me at all (especially with the carriage issues I have been having) but was really pleased in the end.

Archived