Ohhh Nooooo....hole in quilt!! What do I do?

I did this recently. I was almost physically sick. The customer was very understanding. I appliqued a patch over it, matched the pattern, etc. Once re-quilted, it wasn't noticeable. It wasn't invisible, but you had to know where it was to find it. I learned a BIG lesson about not laying the seam ripper on the quilt....ever!

I use bonash, with a piece of fabric underneath. Since it's a busy fabric it will not be easily 'hidden' and I've had good results (customers appreciated the honesty too). You need to step back and take a breath first though. Yep, sick feeling when it happens. let us know how things go.

So far all I've done is move the fabric gently with my finger to close it up some. I told my customer and decided to have her look at it first. I'm afraid of making it worse. Right now it looks almost invisible because of the fabric pattern and I know it will be hanging on a wall and not used, so basically I'm thinking that it might be better to do nothing. We'll see what she thinks tomorrow. Tried to deliver it today but my teenager took my car. :o

Anyway, I will take some pics of this quilt for you all. I've never seen one like it. It's a black and gray fairy tale quilt with splashes of red and was fun to quilt.....well, except for that one 1/2-inch part. lol

Jess

Oh gosh, this happened to me not very long ago!!! I was sick. But after coming here for advice and directions on how to mend it, I was at least able to finish the quilt! I used some fusible stuff because that is what I had here at home. Poked it inside the hole and pressed it down...it worked great! I showed it to my customer and she was very understanding....Praise the Lord!!

Archived