Hot off the rails for 2007

All done but the binding! This is a paperpieced pattern by Cindi Edgerton I bought last year. The batting is Soft and Black by the Warm Co. The thread is Bottom Line by Superiour Threads. I used a curved basket weave stencil to quilt the black backround. The feathers in the start points and border are original freehand feathers.

Hope you like it, it needs a name !!!

Sherry,

Good for you getting this cute quilt done, I love it even more now that it is quilted!;)

How about "Back in Black", was'nt that an AC/DC tune?

(Old rocker's die hard!) :P

Dear Sherry,

I love ALL your quilts with no exceptions but the last 2 I?ve seen from you left me breathless.

To me, your quilts are pieces of art. I?ve shown your lime quilt to everybody around here and they?ve hard time trying to imagine how someone can do that with only fabrics. Your use of colour are amazing.

I wanted to go Germany in May last year to have a class with you and I won?t probably be able to go in 2007 but maybe in 2008 I have the chance to meet in Claudia?s studio and learn as much as I can from you.

Thank you very much,

Cristy

Thanks everyone for checking it out! Linda and Shana, I am sooooo not a rocker gal! Now give me some rap and some downright groove and I am in like flint!

The colors in this quilt make my mouth water at times for some good ol sherbet ice cream and at other times, I just want a big ol gob of Dubble Bubble to chew!

Janet, I made some time! Nov and Dec belong to me and I don't share it with anyone!

Christi, Sandra and Tina...thank you gobs for the nice words. I probley should tell you that the quilt is only 37.5" sqaure! The nice thing about this pattern is that there was no set in seams! Loved that part.

Guest Linda S

That is so beautiful Sherry! A feathered star that you can paper piece? I'll have to get me one of those patterns. I love to paper piece but the feathered star is so hard.

Linda

Sherry its like everything you do just beautiful.

I looked up the meaning of pink and it states that when combined with black it means Sophisticated / Sophistication.

I can't help but see Bubblicious bubble gum. lol

I love these colors together. Let us know what name you come up with.

Hi Linda

I hear ya there! You can find the pattern about 1/2 way down the page here. http://www.averyspecialcollection.com/shop/little_bits/page2.htm

I changed up the last border and chose to not use the center feathered star for my quilt this time around.

Originally posted by Linda S

That is so beautiful Sherry! A feathered star that you can paper piece? I'll have to get me one of those patterns. I love to paper piece but the feathered star is so hard.

Linda

Archived