Playing with my new to me Quiltazoid

connieb

I got my quiltazoid this past weekend. What an awesome suprise when I opened the box and the Spiro attachment was part of the package. I didn't see it listed in the list of what was included. I had fun, ran out of muslin way to soon, and learned that if you don't center things just right you get a whole new design.:P I had fun!

post--13461909092913_thumb.jpg

Lynn - don't get discouraged it looks much better in the picture than up close. I definitly made some mistakes. Like not centering one of the designs in the right hole. It gave me a whole new design. And I'm having issues with the eccentric tool but I'll work on it more and hopefully figure it out. I've watched the darn videos a kazillion times:)

Ann - It doesn't. I bought mine used from a person here on the forum. When she listed what it came with the Spirograph wasn't on the list. I thought I was getting a REALLY good deal, when I opened the box and found the spirograph too, well it was an awesome deal. I'm thrilled with all of it. But now I only want to order more templates.

• 1 month later...

I love my Quiltazoid and am using it more and more. In fact I have used it on some competition garments that I have entered in some national shows. I have won some ribbons on my jackets!!!

I will also be teaching 2 classes on using the Quiltazoid at Machine Quilters Sshowcase in May of 2013. I am so excited. I am really practicing everything on my Quiltazoid in the next few months. I want to be a good teacher! :wub:

I live in Webster City, IA. I have taught many different kinds of quilting classes in the past. I usually develop things for my guild the Fort Dodge Area Quilters in Iowa. I am always learning new techniques and playing with them. I especially like to make and enter quilted clothing in quilt shows. I love quilt shows. i have recently expanded my competition field and have entered 8 national quilt shows this year and have won ribbons at all of them.

I am getting brave teaching at a national and international show, Machine Quilters Showcase. It does help that I was a Speial Education Teacher for 22 years before I became a long arm quilter. I have lots of work to do to get ready for my debut!! The really cool part is that I will be able to hang out with some well known quilting teachers too!!! Karen McTavish, Sue Patton and of course Dawn Cavanuagh ( my first long arm teacher) know who I am through my competition garments. It is so fun!!

Archived